Baylor vs Hutchison

KizzleAssizzle

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel it's a toss-up at this point.

Hutchison is quick and tough but young. All starters except for the senior keeper are sophomores or freshman. I believe sweeper Abby Zanone was the only freshman selected to an all-state squad last year.

Their only common opponents have been Webb, Hutchison won 2-0, Baylor 4-0, and Germantown, Baylor lost 1-0, Hutchison tied 1-1.

Who knows??

I think that the main thing that will help Baylor is that you never really know what they have got until they go to State. It's hard to compare how other teams played against them during the season because as soon as they are 2, maybe 3 goals up, the coach pulls most of his starters. Not only does this not run up the score, but it gives them more depth since a lot of non-starters get good playing time.

Also, I don't think the coach wants to really show what he has until State.

I guarantee that if Baylor comes out playing to their potention, the they will easily win state.

Not disagreeing with you kiss but according to soccerinfo.com they got beat by both Centennial and Germantown this year. Neither team is still playing. What happened in those games?

What Kizzle said was, that if Baylor plays up to its potential then it will win state easily. While I don't believe any state championship will be won easily, I do agree that 'if' Baylor does play like it is capable of then they will undoubtably win it all. I would assume that in both games against Centennial and Germantown that they didn't play up to their potential. If they do not play up to their capabilities in the state, then they will not win.

I also agree with another thread in this forum that said that Baylor's coach doesn't play to beat a team by a lot of goals, or win all the games they play. If you have watched them play, you will see that they have played their entire team for large parts of every game, several of which are freshmen. The example you gave against Webb, didn't elaboate that if Baylor had played at full strength for the entire game, the score would have easily been 8-0. Their coach does focus on player development over simply playing his primary players to win a game. As in years past, I would assume all that his horses will play as long as they are needed, and when they need a break that they have a deep bench.

What Kizzle said was, that if Baylor plays up to its potential then it will win state easily. While I don't believe any state championship will be won easily, I do agree that 'if' Baylor does play like it is capable of then they will undoubtably win it all. I would assume that in both games against Centennial and Germantown that they didn't play up to their potential. If they do not play up to their capabilities in the state, then they will not win.

I also agree with another thread in this forum that said that Baylor's coach doesn't play to beat a team by a lot of goals, or win all the games they play. If you have watched them play, you will see that they have played their entire team for large parts of every game, several of which are freshmen. The example you gave against Webb, didn't elaboate that if Baylor had played at full strength for the entire game, the score would have easily been 8-0. Their coach does focus on player development over simply playing his primary players to win a game. As in years past, I would assume all that his horses will play as long as they are needed, and when they need a break that they have a deep bench.

Pobr I completely understood what kiss said, but couldn't you say that every team left can win it if they play to their potential? Are you also saying that Baylor doesn't play to win every game it plays? I understand getting lots of players in to develop but not to win, you are joking, right?