district 7 predictions

Guest Oakland

Does anyone know anything about the new coach at Warren County? I know his name is Chris Turner and he played at Tennessee Tech in the mid-90's. Does anyone know anything about his coaching in Georgia? What does Cookeville and Lebanon have? Can someone outside of the Boro win this district?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay on my response, but here it is...

This district is definitely up this year, and is very strong, top to bottom. It will obviously be competitive as always, but we could have a surprise winner this year... Here goes....

1) Oakland...you have to go with a winning tradition here. Oakland is #1 until proven otherwise as King always puts together a great team. Losing Barker, Duggin, and Harb will hurt more than some think, which leaves the district wide open...

2) Riverdale...LaBrian Lyons is the best player in the District, and will carry this athletic bunch as a senior. Perkins is an underrated stud, and Onwu, Miller, and Harris should round out the starting five...

3) Blackman...David Price is a difference maker, and teamed up with classmates Lee and Phillips, Blackman has the best guard core in the District: one of the best in the Midstate...

4) Siegel...here is my surprise pick. Siegel is young, and there are attitude questions, but you can't doubt the talent and swagger of this group. Roper is a young star, and Ramsey could be if he gets his head on straight. This team may struggle a little early, but could make a late push with it's young talent...

5) Lebanon...the athletes and coaching are there, but I worry where the scoring is going to come from at times. This team could have a tough time putting it in the hoop without Dixon and Boyce...

6) Warren Co...Reece Bishop is the third best player in the district, and will lead this team to some solid wins. Good soph class as well...

7) White Co...Slatten is starting to get some talent in White Co. A year away from making a real push...

8) Cookeville...Very good soph class could push this group up a spot or two, but no team will suffer a tougher loss than Cookeville does with Mario...

Guest Oakland

gomab i think you grossly underestimate the boys that are coming up for this oakland program, i really think duggin is the only loss that may hurt us, but if robert or darian or heck maybe even lucas can step up and play well in the 2nd post spot i think oakland will be just as good, maybe even better than last year. and contrary to what you think, the region is gonna be a 2- horse race, oakland and riverdale. blackman lost way too much to be able to make a serious run at either, while i dont discount that this district could be wide open, but in the end i think you will oakland and riverdale standing above the rest

Wow oakland2001, I hope your guys can back up all your talk. I don't discount that you have some good players, but they aren't all superstars. The biggest asset for Oakland is the great coach they have in Randy King. Just remember, there is a lot of talent in this district, not just limited to Oakland and Riverdale, which will definitely make this more than a 2-horse race. Blackman did lose a great Senior class but I wouldn't count them out just yet. This is going to be a great year for 7AAA and I can't wait for it to get started!

Guest Oakland

trust me i have a good grip on this region and your right oakland isnt all superstars, but all those guys gained a lot of valuable time as reserves last year and even flourished when barker got hurt during a key stretch. blackman will no doubt have a say in district 7, but price just cant do it all, but i see the winner in this district losing at least 2 or times. although i love oakland and all that i am humble enough to know that not all the talent in district 7 resides in oakland and riverdale. you are very right, this is gonna be an exciting season in district 7. GO PATS!

Guest Oakland

Lucas Jones played freshmen ball ladt year for oakland, he is no transfer. but if you think you have heard that name before in oakland circles you probably have he is the brother of oakland alumni nick jones and oakland senior jordan jones. he had a freak ankle injury in the district tournament this past season so it will be interesting to if he cant get some playing time this winter

man what a mess this district could be... i'll give oakland the nod if they can avoid the cohesiveness (or lack of) problems they were having last year... 2nd to riverdale's talented bunch... cookeville minus mario makes them a 4th place team behind a surprising blackman squad who will take 3rd after upsetting one of the top 2. lebanon gets fifth while reacquainting themselves with the former asst... warren takes 6th while suffering to learn another system without the talented senior they lost... white, poor white, keeps waiting for middle school help like warren's football program, and gets the same results... a talented but young seigal group could surprise, but won't...

someone keep up or you won't be able to tell me how wrong i was come february...

Guest Oakland

cohesiveness?!!!! you have got to be kidding right?! i was as close to last year's team as anybody and i can tell you there were definatly no chemistry problems, this year's team is exceptionally tight as well, maybe you need to do a lil more research before you make comments like that. secondly, since one of you guys wanted to be updated on lucas' progression here it is: not only is lucas on the road to recovery, but is expected to get significant playing time as well this winter, which will give oakland some much needed height this upcoming season, along with darian as well.

i will try to keep up with this thread and update it throughout the year, i guess this could serve as the official season thread.

and since we are talkin about the season at hand, what upcoming scrimmages have district 7 teams involved in, i let you guys know when i find out about some of oakland's scrimmages