Predictions on State

chrisws04

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of corrections about Tullahoma and these are not meant to be criticisms but to provide a clearer and more accurate picture of reality. First, Mike McGee, Jenny Sanders went to Clemson to play soccer but did not get hardly any playing time so for her Senior year she quit soccer and tried out for cheerleading and is now one of Clemson's cheerleaders. That is not a slam on her athletic ability or her ablility as a soccer player. She was great player in High School and I have the deepest respect for Jenny. Secondly, to classify Tullahoma High School as a typical rural High School is misleading. Tullahoma is not typical of other small towns in Tennessee. Of the 1100 students who attend Tullahoma High School, more than 220 of them are not from Tullahoma. Those 220 students are from other communities and they come to Tullahoma and pay tuition to go to Tullahoma's High School. Most of those non-resident students come from Franklin County with the remainder coming from Coffee County, Moore County, Bedford County, and even a few from Lincoln and Rutherford Counties. The second year that Tullahoma went to the Final Four, there were at least 6 girls on that team that were not from Tullahoma but were paying tuition to go to Tullahoma's High School and bypassing other school districts to do so. Under those circumstances to compare Tullahoma's situation to that of other small towns in Tennessee and say that they represent small town Tennessee is misleading. That coupled with the Air Force base that is constantly bringing in new people makes Tullahoma's recruiting pool for soccer significantly higher than what other small communities face. This may be the reason why there are some rumblings about realigning the districts and placing Tullahoma with schools that are urban since they fit that pattern better than being placed with the rural schools. Sorry if this information offends anyone, but Tullahoma is definitely not your typical small town in Tennessee.

That coupled with the Air Force base that is constantly bringing in new people makes Tullahoma's recruiting pool for soccer significantly higher than what other small communities face. This may be the reason why there are some rumblings about realigning the districts and placing Tullahoma with schools that are urban since they fit that pattern better than being placed with the rural schools. Sorry if this information offends anyone, but Tullahoma is definitely not your typical small town in Tennessee.

I thought recruiting was illegal coach?

I thought this was predictions on state not let's talk about tullahoma. reccos you got told! ha! it is true though, tullahoma doesn't really play that great of teams all the time, that helps the stats. I've seen games where they score 7 goals. and their defense isn't all that great. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just stating some facts. I'm puttin' money on hendersonville for state, good luck girls!

Mike, you can get just as snippy as you want to get. That is a typcial reaction from the elitest from Tullahoma that get called on the carpet when they get caught telling an untruth. That is part of the problem that I have fought for years with people like yourself associated with the School System in Tullahoma and while I served as an Alderman on the City Board for Tullahoma. Yes, I am glad (feel better) that at least you for one are willing to admit that you made a faux pax and are willing to correct it even though you did not do so in an appropriate manner. Everyone can make mistakes and everyone can say things that have the wrong information in them from time to time. When corrected, just be a gentleman enough to say I stand corrected and move on without the snide remarks.

Now, are you also willing to admit that Tullahoma's sports programs including soccer over the years have greatly benefited from students not from Tullahoma and paying tuition to go there? Maybe we can get one more truth out of you before this discussion is over.

Mike McGee is a photographer and reporter and not with the school system, definitely not an elitist -get it right! His response was merely to show that Tullahoma was a fine soccer area even before the Kyle's came, even though we are proud they are here now. Many of those who pay tuition are outside the city limits, (which is actually only about 6-7 miles appr. end to end), and are either farmers or have small acreages, or are in subdivisions that have voted not to be in the city possibly due to taxes or other factors. It may have been to their advantage; it is their decision, not based on an athletic decision certainly, although, this is a wonderful scholastic school system! I probably have some facts incorrect; this is not the place for this. I'm sure this can be discussed ad nauseum, but I thought this was a forum for state predictions! Now that this is over, can we get back to what is important - the girls state tournament! There is some mighty fine soccer being played today!!!