Predictions on State

chrisws04

Anyone but O.R. Their coach is the most arrogant individual I believe I have ever come in contact with. He takes all of the credit for his teams success and gives, the girls zero credit. As far as he is concerened O.R. wouldn't have a program if it wasn't for him. Then he makes comments like Knoxville has to respect us now. Well guess what to get respect you must give it. The Stae must not respect O.R. because if the seeding holds true to form O.R. #1 seed will be playing the a higher seed than Farragut in the semis. All I can say is GO TULLAHOMA!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure no one was trying to slight Tullahoma's accomplishments in past years. The girls and Coach Chadwick should be proud. And your right anyone can win on any given day-but opinions are what people are going on here. When you compare schedules and look at quality wins Tullahoma played three upper level teams. CCS FRA and DCS they were beaten twice and defeated DCS does this mean they aren't as good as Oak Ridge no but Oak Ridge Franklin Farrgut Hendersonville have all played tougher schedules some out of district. Therefore people assume that those success and quality opponents will benfit them come state time-but one thing all are right on we will have to see what happens.

Well, now we know. Tullahoma wins in sudden death over time 3-2, with 33 seconds remaining! Tullahoma was winning 2-1 in regulation with 10 minutes to go and the team was playing keep-a-way, when the keeper made a mistake and at 1 minute 30 seconds remaining, misjudged a ball that she thought was going out, it hit the post, then her leg, and went into the net. The team dug in, and played hard to finally win - a much deserved win. Both teams played hard, and deserve much credit for a well played game. Tullahoma's keeper, Jessica Peterson, played a great game, even with that lapse, as did the rest of the team. On to Hendersonville.

festor,

Did you see all of Tullahoma's semi-final games at Finley Stadium in 99, 00, and 01? If not, I don't expect you to understand the crux of my point. If you did, you see your team's abilities through rose-colored glasses.

The point is that Region 3/4 AAA soccer is perenially the weakest in the state when compared to the other AAA areas (1/2; 5/6; 7/8) which up to this year were only allowed to send one team to the "final 4". Most of Chattanooga's soccer talent the last few years has been concentrated at the private schools (Baylor, GPS, CCS, Grace, Notre Dame) which are either Division II or A/AA. For whatever reason, the Smyrna/Murfreesboro area has not excelled, but seems to be improving.

In the years 99, 00, & 01, Tullahoma's presence in the "final 4" was based on geography, not ability. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking what Tullahoma's program has accomplished-in particular looking at their performance the last 2 years. Again, I believe considering the fact that soccer is, for the most part, a suburban sport, Tullahoma outperforms any other "non-suburban" setting in the state that I know of.

I hope Tullahoma's program continues to improve. Congratulations, again, Lady Wildcats!

Tullahoma is 45 minutes from Murfreesboro, 1 1/2 hours from Chattanooga, and 1 1/2 hours from Franklin, so we are not in an "area', certainly not in the Smryna/Murfreesboro area - I guess that is our Region. For us to play club soccer, it is a real family and financial committment. Our soccer program has grown because of individuals that have a love of soccer; we have rec soccer and an active middle school program; many have gotten their advanced licences, our teams go to camp as a team each year and we play all year round. As for the '99 and '00 teams, when we played at state, we played the #1 ranked teams first- and it is hard to look good playing that caliber of team. As I remember, that Germantown team (was it the Germantown team?) that year was ranked #1 in the nation, and was probably the best high school team I have ever seen! I cannot remember all the games, and I have had a girl play in every one, and I think those teams were superb! I don't think I have seen a team as well schooled since.

It is unfortunate that the format meant that fans could not see their team play due to playing during the week day. Also, playing back to back games was physically difficult, especially when you have to play both the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the state! Thought they were good games. Good job Tullahoma!

hey futbolphan....

WOW. Based on STATISTICS??? Let me see here...

I do believe that Tullahoma's statistics were listed HERE which state that Tullahoma has:

District Titles: 9 years in a row

Regional Titles: 6 years in a row

State Appearances: 4 Years in a row (most recent being State Finalists)

Record: 17-2-1

Out scored Opponents: 103-12 this year

13 shut outs

not just wins (17) or losses (2), but goals made (103) and goals allowed (12)... :lol:

Now, I'm not an expert on Oak Ridge's stats (they weren't posted) but does any one think you might be underestimating Tullahoma?

I'll keep my opinoins of the state tournament to myself, because who knows what the game-day will bring? Providing each team plays their best, I think it will be a great tournament... As also said, each team DESERVES to be there.

hey reccos:

I was not underestimating Tullahoma at all. And by no means was my intention to offend anyone... My apologies if I did!

I just did not see a strong enough schedule during their season (only one ranked AAA team during the regular season)

Their presence in the tournament last year has no bearing on their accomplishments (or record) this year. If that were the case, teams like Hendersonville, that have lost the big one at the sectional level the last 7 years, and a team that has never, ever made it to the final four, would not be there this year either.

So I guess I'm 3-4 on quarterfinal predictions... not bad for statistics, HUH?!

So, What happened to to Tullahoma last night?

Does anyone think Hendersonville can beat Franklin again in the finals?? I do. If the Commandos play the same way they did against them the first time they met, Hville will be state champs. Good luck to both teams, and congrats on a great season for each as well. Best of luck to Hendersonville. No matter what happens Saturday, you guys are awesome!

Ill tell you what, the last 2 year Ooltewah could ahve used the 2 Kile girls who transferred up to Tullahoma a couple of years back!.... I remember Jacklyn being incredible.... Would definitely have pushed Ooltewah over teh top... and if its just a coincidence that those girls that transferred away share a name with the Tullahoma girls then Im sorry I must ahve gotten some bad info!

drsanders,

Your thoughts on Tullahoma's girls commitment and the community's support through rec, club, and middle school ball is more than commendable and much envied from other non-suburban areas. At least from this fellow rural soccer fan's view.

Your thoughts on the Germantown teams that Tullahoma had to play in the semis are right on the money. That Germantown team was close to the best, if not the best, high school team I have seen also. Ashley King from that team is one of UGA's top players now. Aside from the Franklin team of 00 and maybe the Baylor team of 99 or 00 (I think), no teams I have seen the last 2 or 3 years come close.

If I can associate your name with "your girls", you have much to be proud of. Both were and, am I right, still excellent players.

As I have said time and time again, continued Tullahoma success and commitment. Carry the torch for other "country" schools.

stayNskool.....you're right on the money about the Kyle girls being a great addition to the Tullahoma soccer program. I'm not sure about the reference to Ooltewah, though. Jackie was an All-State forward at GPS when the family moved here after her sophomore year. Her dad is an auto finance manager who took a job at a dealership here. I'm assuming all the girls would have been going to GPS if the move to Tullahoma hadn't come about.

Anyway, Jackie is now playing college soccer after two years here. Younger sister Jessica was a senior this year and she really blossomed the last couple of years. This season she broke the program's career scoring and assist records. She's not quite as big and strong as Jackie but more mobile. While Jackie did most of her damage from the midfield, Jessica often played forward in addition to midfield. Very physical and very talented. She played all four of her years at Tullahoma.

There is a third sister, Ashley, who was a sophomore on this year's team. While she does not have the offensive prowess of her older sisters, she has the look of a very good defensive player and is the fastest of the three. She played a lot of minutes off the bench this year and figures to be a key player the next two years.

(Just for the record: Tullahoma had already been to the final four the year before they moved here, led by Jenny Smith, who went on to play at Illinois University and Jenny Sanders, who plays at Clemson)

Ooltewah had a great run this year and you guys have a lot to be proud about. I've been to your school a couple of times for the sectional track and field meet and really enjoyed the people there.

(And, a word to OldSkoolBalla......I got a chuckle out of your post about the hot tub. Unfortunately for you, coach Chadwick was way too smart to give out the name of the motel...I feel your pain, though).

Edited by mikemcgee