New high school basketball rule!

footballfan2004

Has everyone heard about the new high school rule passed by the TSSAA? It states that when the other team is shooting free throws that you can not have a person in the last box meaning you do not have a person to box out the shooter or it may be when your team is shooting free throws im not sure i just know you cant have a person in the last box. They say that it is to keep things under control when rebounding. What does everyone think about this, personally i dont like it at all.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me give you a little heads up on the future of high school basketball rules.

The "person" who is in charge of the committee for National Federation rules is a former Womens' College Basketball supervisor. SHE has proposed many rules which are exactly like the rules of the women's college game. Don't be suprised the next several years to see more of the Women's College Rules make their way into National Federation High School gyms!

The rule was put in to help stopn ruff play in the paint on free throws. The games I've seen so far this year it puts the shooter back in the play on the shoot. harder for the shooter to get blocked out at least that is what I've seen so far.

Edited by jordan4

I assume none of yall have ever seen florida's rule on free throws. Its also allowes 4 def and 2 off rebounders, except the 1st defensive player is above the block. So the allignement in the lane is basket, empty space, (the block), defense, offense, defense, shooter. This allowes almost zero chance for an offensive rebound off a foul shot.

I just wish that they would let everyone step into the lane after the ball leaves the shooters hand and not have to wait until it hits the rim. So much more can be done to get an offensive rebound this way. The only way that the officials are going to clean up play around the basket is to make the proper calls and be consistent.