Morristown West

Relaxed1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read earlier in this string....someone said Region 2 4A was weak. Well, I don't really think thats true. I think they are underestimated greatly. I do think Region 1 4A is down this year. I look to see Morritown West get through to the Semis and face Maryville. I do think Region 2 will be 3-1 after Round 1 (the only loss for R2 being Cherokee to Betsy). I think the best Round 1 game will be R2 #3 Morristown East at R1 #2 Tennessee High. If East can stop TN High's potent RB's it will be over. Whereas Morristown East can run and pass. I do believe the 'Canes need to air it out to that big WR early and often (can't remember his name).

Any way this turns out, Good Luck to Region 1 and Region 2, and whomever meets up with the Maryville juggernaut. :lol:

I'm hopeful West will win it all but it is way too soon to tell. They did not play with as much intensity as they should have against Cherokee. They won, but would have liked to seen more excitement! Cherokee played hard and never gave up. As a West fan I think the Trojans have what it takes, but will definately have to be a bit more motivated than they were last night. By the way, that is a great looking trailer!

One game at a time, guys. This is one of the most important things that Coach Woods and his staff teach their teams. This holds true especially now in the playoffs. If West starts looking forward 2, 3 or more weeks down the road, there's a chance that we won't even get past the 1st round.

But I don't think that these young men will do that. They each know that if they lose a game, the season is over, so I think that the intensity will reappear starting next Friday night. I just hope that the West fans' intensity will reappear. I was very disappointed last night in the crowd's participation in the game; most of the fans were very quiet all game long. Hopefully, that will change next week, as well.

As for the seniors, over the past 3 years, they have a regular season record of 25 and 5. Very few schools can meet or best that statement. A very special group of young men that showed us this year just how much heart and determination they have....winning a record 5th straight Region 2 championship.

I am proud to say that my son is one of those seniors.

Morristown%20West.gif