Morristown West

Relaxed1

Heard it all before! Morristown West to the bowl because they have vastly improver! Well I guess TN High, Knox Cent, Greenville, Elizabethton, Cleveland and Chat Cent should just throw in the towel? Region 2-4A is a weak region and no read deal to win. Hey by the way your road to the state game may have to go through Maryville! It is gonna take more than a sharp lookig equipment trailer to get MW to the boro this year.

Go Reb's Clinton first!

I agree with randy3116. Coach Woods has never looked past the next game. It is way to early to look toward the state. Out of curiosity FB, which team do you think Maryville would choose to play for a spot in the championship? I would just as soon come to Maryville as anywhere for that opportunity!

48Dad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard it all before! Morristown West to the bowl because they have vastly improver! Well I guess TN High, Knox Cent, Greenville, Elizabethton, Cleveland and Chat Cent should just throw in the towel? Region 2-4A is a weak region and no read deal to win. Hey by the way your road to the state game may have to go through Maryville!

I'm not saying the Trojans are going to win the gold ball this season, but they do have a good chance of making it to the Boro. As for two of the teams you mentioned, West has already drilled Greeneville 37-0, and TN High is not nearly as strong as in years past. I actually think Morristown East may upset TN High in the first round if the Canes show up to play.

It's way too early for title predictions, but I definitely think West will be in the semis. I look forward to seeing one of the big three (Maryville, Cleveland, Knox Central) coming to Burke-Toney Stadium for that matchup.

Good luck to everyone this week in their games, and good luck to the playoff bound teams.

I'm not saying the Trojans are going to win the gold ball this season, but they do have a good chance of making it to the Boro. As for two of the teams you mentioned, West has already drilled Greeneville 37-0, and TN High is not nearly as strong as in years past. I actually think Morristown East may upset TN High in the first round if the Canes show up to play.

It's way too early for title predictions, but I definitely think West will be in the semis. I look forward to seeing one of the big three (Maryville, Cleveland, Knox Central) coming to Burke-Toney Stadium for that matchup.

Good luck to everyone this week in their games, and good luck to the playoff bound teams.

I agree with you. Morristown West will be hosting the semis. They got off to a slow start for two main reasons. Breaking in new offensive players and very difficult schedule. That will only make them better. They have the experience to get to the semis because they have done it for the past two years.

To all the West fans, speaking for myself and a lot of Falcon fans we want to wish you guys good luck against Cherokee and let you know we are pulling for you come playoff time. Your players, coaches and fans are a class act and we would love to see you guys go all the way. We enjoyed having you guys up last week even though the we didn't give you much of a game(maybe next year). Good luck and God Bless. High School Football and Vol. Falcon Fan!

P.S. There is only one West I want to see knocked on his rear. And he plays in Rogersville. GO TROJANS!!!

Edited by DandDD

You are fogetting the other teams like Knox Central, Knox West, Knox Halls, Knox Powell.  All of these teams have gotten better.    Region 1 is terrible this year. MWest will have no problem with Region 1-4A, Region 3-4A is a different story.  M West has not lived up to the hype they sang at the first of the year. 

Oh yeah - you guys remember Maryville don't you?

And you remember the last team to beat Maryville.........................

DON'T YOU??????

I have the utmost faith in our boys!! I'm not saying we will or will not make it but don't count us out!!!! We realize other teams have improved also but everyone would have to admit our defense if AWESOME!!!! (Even against the games we lost!!) With Maryville and Cleveland, we played a close game! And who cares about Jeff Co.!!! They had to be the rudest group we played against!!!Personally, no one cares about them because they have NO CLASS and aren't even in the division!!! At least if we do meet Maryville or Cleveland in the playoffs, we know it will be a good game and good sportmanship!!! As a fan, I was majorly impressed by the players and the hospitality given to us by these teams!!! And as far as the "hype" at the first of the year.....did you hear our coaches saying anything???? NO!! That was all from the public. So get your story straight!!! GO TROJANS!!!!!

Edited by Footballgirl

I, a Morristown East fan will say that our bitter ravials are a very very good team this year. I remember in the east/west game this year, close score at halftime and then the flood gates opened. Its amazing how West can turn around a close game with the blink of an eye. West and Maryville are probably the two front runners this year for the state championship, but anything can happen, thats why the play the games insted of on paper. Who knows maybe the Canes can run the tables and be a surprise team with the powerful offense we have. Who knows? I look foward to the playoffs and best of luck to West. GO CANES!

People dont give Morristown West enough credit, we have a tough veteran defense and a quickly improving offense lead by Minnich,and with Bradley James running the ball like crazy.....the playoffs are our time to show what we are made of.

Yeah no one seems to remember all the records the Trojans have broken this year!!! No remembers when Bradley James set new school records!!! I guess all of that was HYPE too!!!! Our boys are good!!! But what's more than that....they have HEART!!! I know that these boys want a championship BAD!!!! I know that Caleb, PeeWee and Eman would love to have that ring their Senior year!!! Who wouldn't???