Dickson vs. Franklin- What A Game

PG23FHSWR1

First off, I just want to say that the Dickson Co. Cougars are underrated. They are a great team. Congrats on your victory. The Rebels faught hard and it game down to DejaVu from the Brentwood Game. Nichols played a heck of a game as did Murray and FHS's team as did #21 and #35 and the rest of the DC team. Anyway I have something I must say before I can get any nights sleep.

I'm a senior at Franklin, so I've been a part of all the rivalries for a few years. I have ALWAYS had respect for Brentwood High School Athletes and surrounding schools in Williamson County. Tonight Brentwood did a fantastic job of taking their respect away from my opinions. They came to cheer on Dickson Co because with a DCHS win, Brentwood is first, and duh, I'd be cheering that way too. BUT - The way they sat in the Franklin stands hooting and hollaring at our fans and players was uncalled for and very classless. Screaming "SCOREBOARD" after every DC Touchdown and yelling remarks at the Franklin Ball Boys was just immature. I hope that the Brentwood Community isn't all this way because they gave Brentwood a terrible name. All the surrounding parents and students on the sidelines and in the stands were disgusted with their antics.

Just a little bit of my input,

Edited by PG23FHSWR1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

;) What a bummer. Congratulations to Dickson County. Congratulations to Franklin. Treated us all to a GREAT week 10 game tonight. I don't feel like posting much at all but I didn't want to be blasted for not posting...

I'm surprised the Brentwood people didn't run over from their seats on the home side of Howard Gamble Stadium to their computers.

Congratulations to you too, PG23FHS... I clapped extra hard for you- your hard work doesn't go unnoticed by me.

Dickson County is a very good team and more importantly they are very well coached. DC had FHS guessing all night, Franklin brought up Christiansann from safety and dared DC to throw the ball, and throw well they did. After two or three series of mixing up play selection beautifully, FHS had to flex and loosen up, and thats when #35 Quinton Primm took over. DC O-line manhandled FHS DT's and Primm dominated most of the third quarter.

Where DC coached beautifully, Franklin seemed to be hesitant in play selection, having two delay of game charges on indecision. At the end of the first half the question ringing loud... Where is Ryan Nichols? How do you not involve him in the first half? Well the rumblings must have made it into the locker room at half time because Nichols finally got his number called in the second half. Ryan responded beautifully with three huge catches. Murray also had the best catch of his career for a TD in the second half.

Franklin problems:

1) poor play selection

2) Not letting Bell move up on punts( too many balls bounding away from him because they land 15 yds in front of him)

3) Didn't attempt a field goal in the second quarter from the 30, instead came up short on 4th down( might have given Cambell more confidence late in the game!

4) Not involving Nichols in the first half

5) Not putting other lineman at DT when the ones you have are getting beat! ( gave up 390 yards rushing!!!!)

Congratulations to Quinton Grimm and Grant Allen for DC, both had incredible games. Both teams played their hearts out! It was a wonderful environment and I was so pleased to be able to watch two great teams play.

Franklin if you want to beat Brentwood, Dickson Co and Lincoln County you will have to find a way to stop the off tackle play. All three of these opponents have eaten your lunch there. I would suggest you shuffle the deck!

Edited by BigDogDaddy