1A Playoffs

purpletigersR#1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is the playoffs and anything could happen. There will be some upsets which could jumble things up a bit. Seeing the CPA, DCA game if CPA plays like that I don't see anyone from middle or west beating them. Ezell looks to be playing a lot better from the game with Lipscomb. No disrespect to South Pitt but I think Boyd will eliminate them. If Cloudland plays up to their potential they should make it to the semi. Home field advantage could be the key to the game with cold or bad weather a possibilty. Seems some of the teams don't like "The cow pasture" much. As some that visited have called it. We wouldn't have it any other way... We have a great team but it is hard to tell just how good we are until we see some better competition. The starters have not played a full game all season. So it will be good to see what the boys are capable of in a full 4 quarters.

ELA, you just don't understand the electric atmosphere of Roan Mtn. There were 20 harley Davidsons in the end zone along with the dog pound this past Friday. Boyds gotta make the long hard trip to the frozen tundra and Cloudland will put the shackles on boyd and send them home just like they did South Pitt 2 years ago. Take that one to the bank.

first off boyd doesn't have a great field, they play in a hole filed with water half the time. the cold weather isn't that much of a difference i go to school in knoxville and am from chattanooga. it is not that much colder and i grew up on the mountain. however i will admit wheather it is boyd or sp and cloudland it will be one heck of a football game. count this senior in college there.

What we have here is a Defense/Offense split between the east and west. In the east its all about defense. Both boyd and south pitt have fast pursuing defenses. I dont know about cloudlands dfense or offense for that matter because lets not kid our selves who have they played? In the west we see high powered offenses. Cpa pulls a shocker against dca a week ago. but i think dca will be representing the west. In the east there will likely be a third round rematch between boyd and south pitt. but gordonsville has beaten south pitt the last two years in the playoffs so it could be a rematch from last years third round in which boyd won in the "jungle" as they call it. Very interesting contests we have going on here.