Smallest Gym in Tennessee

Timber

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a high school gym smaller than Summertown's in the country, I'd like to see it.  The entire inside of the gym was made out of the same tree.  Driving layups are ill-advised.  You are never more than 3 or 4 feet away from a wall when you throw it in.

446176[/snapback]

Columbia Academy has the smallest and worst gym in the state. Poor excuse for a high school gym. I can't believe the TSSAA lets them get away with hosting games there.

825464428[/snapback]

I agree with both of these replies...Summertown last season was the craziest gym I had been in not only was it extremely small, the noise, and wonderful crowd of people that start stuff...lol... :rolleyes: ...Refs can't even control the game...Even the cops have to call for back up...lol...Now to CA's gym...I've been there also and I wonder why no body gets up during the game...lol...(maybe because they don't want to get pulled in the game)...I like small gyms not only because the "true" pressure players have to face but everyone gets in the game...My three smallest gyms in TN are: Columbia Acadamy's, Summertown, and Collinwood...

As far as High School goes, if you havent been to Hermitage Springs, make that trip, their gym is very small and the bleachers are raised prolly 4-5 feet up off the floor and it fills like you are sitting about 2 miles away from the game up in the air! Its tall, but very compact with bleachers just on one side of the gym! HS does have a pretty nice floor though!

deffinantly Richard Hardy. my grandmother went to school there back in like '45! they just need to give up on the little school. players couldnt stand up for the wet floor due to mildew and leaks! :huh:

825462202[/snapback]

They couldn't stand because it was getting so hot in there that the walls and floor were sweating and no one opened any windows for a long time. Not because of mildew and leaks

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure about all the gyms that everyone has mentioned, but in the middle tn area i have not seen a smaller high school gym than the one located in Hermitage Springs, as for middle school gyms the one at Dodson Branch beats all of them hands down, if you can get 50 people in there you've done something.

457290[/snapback]

I work at Dodson Branch and you can fit about 100 in bleachers at capacity. The floor dosent even have a three point line because the floor is so small, they would touch at half court if there was three point lines though. It is also the cafiteria, so the awsome PE teacher there has to move the tables out every morining to have class and then bring them back in for lunch and then take them back out for the afternoon classes, so when its nice he like to take them outside! thumb