Cookeville at Riverdale

TDCman

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is, i just am not gonna go in detail. i hope riverdale buries cookeville 6 feet under.

Oakland 2001, you may have just named your teams poison against Lincoln Co. The Cavs will be ready to play Riverdale, you can bet on it. They always seem to turn it up a notch at playoff time.

GO CAVS !!!

Guest Oakland

and you dont think oakland will be ready for lincoln county?! you must be crazy if u think lincoln will win by 51 again, this game will be much much closer the 2nd time around

Guest Oakland

if our defense cant stop em, then they deserve, see at oakland we dont look for excuses we take it like a man and move on and we certainly dont accuse anybody of running it up, unlike some people

Well Ihope the CAVS come out and play competitive. I don't know if anyone from Cookeville expects to defeat powerhouse Riverdale, but I would like to see us be competitive. As far as whinning-I assume that every team that thinks they should have won will whine about something-including Oakland and Lincoln Cty.

In the summer-Riverdale defeated Cookeville pretty easily after the 1st quarter. Cookeville hung with them for a quarter and then the strength of Riverdale wore them down.

Yes I remember that Oakland game a few years back. They did take a knee on two snaps then on the the third and long when everyone expected them to take another knee-they ran for a touchdown. Call it what you will, expert coaching or classless- personally I think it was classless-especially when you are already up by 30 points. But I am not whinning about it - what goes around comes around eventually!!!

Cookeville offensive and defensive line has been suspect all year. Last year Buckner had over 1000 yards-this year he is stronger and faster yet he hasn't rushed for 700 yards. He hasn't had the blocking up front. On defense our line gets blown off continually-the linebackers and safetys are the leading tacklers. On one game the defensive line didn't have a single tackle between them. On well we start 4 seniors on offense and and about 3 seniors on defense. The rest are juniors and sophmores. Hopefully we will continue to get stronger and faster.

Well Ihope the CAVS come out and play competitive. I don't know if anyone from Cookeville expects to defeat powerhouse Riverdale, but I would like to see us be competitive. As far as whinning-I assume that every team that thinks they should have won will whine about something-including Oakland and Lincoln Cty.

In the summer-Riverdale defeated Cookeville pretty easily after the 1st quarter. Cookeville hung with them for a quarter and then the strength of Riverdale wore them down.

Yes I remember that Oakland game a few years back. They did take a knee on two snaps then on the the third and long when everyone expected them to take another knee-they ran for a touchdown. Call it what you will, expert coaching or classless- personally I think it was classless-especially when you are already up by 30 points. But I am not whinning about it - what goes around comes around eventually!!!

Cookeville offensive and defensive line has been suspect all year. Last year Buckner had over 1000 yards-this year he is stronger and faster yet he hasn't rushed for 700 yards. He hasn't had the blocking up front. On defense our line gets blown off continually-the linebackers and safetys are the leading tacklers. On one game the defensive line didn't have a single tackle between them. On well we start 4 seniors on offense and and about 3 seniors on defense. The rest are juniors and sophmores. Hopefully we will continue to get stronger and faster.

Very true man. I was apart of the team when Oakland made the call to run up the score against it. Call it what you want but that was by far the most disrespectful thing to do. Cookeville had its 3rd string in and were told IF THEY TAKE A KNEE..DONT RUSH. So after about two knees..Cookeville backed off and BAM they scored!! If i do remember..Cookeville got an card from Oakland's coach. He must have felt like crap to write a letter!!

As for the Offensive and Defensive line...you are exactly right. But then again..they are very young and inexperienced. Give the Cavaliers a year or so to mature and things will change. There are some linemen this year who have never played under the "Friday Night Lights" before this year. If memory serves me right..Matt Bates and Kevin Timmons are the only players to have played last year on the line! So give them a year or so and things will be alot better!!!

GOOD LUCK TO THE CAVALIERS AND THE OTHER TEAMS IN REGION 3-5A!!!

Sounds like this might be a better game than many predict. Riverdale is very young on the lines as well. They start a total of 3 seniors on defense and 2-3 on offense depending on who gets the start at TB. One senior starts on each line.

Riverdale only has about 5 other seniors that are getting significant playing time but they have really stepped it up and become major contributors in the last few weeks. It is a very small senior class but they are providing great leadership.

Hope you guys bring a great crowd. It's a great place for football.

Riverdale Warriors Official Site

if our defense cant stop em, then they deserve, see at oakland we dont look for excuses we take it like a man and move on and we certainly dont accuse anybody of running it up, unlike some people

First of all I don't know what your problem is Oakland2001, but instead of posting about old games lets focus on what the thread is intended for and that is the game friday night between Cookeville and Riverdale, not who said what two weeks ago about someone running up the score, WHO CARES!!! I will agree with Sadler57 about the card the Oakland coach sent the Cookeville team apolgizing for running up the score in 2000, strange Oakland20011 why don't you tell us the story behind it since you claim to know. But, since you did open the door and talk about your team, I think Lincoln County will roll over Oakland in a game that reflects the rest of Lincoln County's season, lots of points and some great defense. Now to address the actual thread topic, I think the game should be a good one, who cares what oakland2001 says. Some on here want to downplay the fact that these two teams did scrimmage, well that does make a difference, you have seen each other before and have some idea about the team, so that does matter. I think the play up front should be the place to watch, because if the CAVS can run, then the passing game will open up. On the defensive side of the ball, the young defensive line, could step up this game allowing the linebackers to have a big night, and allowing the secondary to provide great coverage. This game no matter what anyone says negatively on here should be a good one, Coach Joslin knows how to get a team focused, and these guys realize that this is a new season and EVERYONE is 0-0 coming into friday night. GO CAVS

Edited by thekeg55