Joe Biddle

5eagleball

Joe Biddle doesn't give a flip about MBA, BA, or any high school team, especially in Middle TN.  He's from East Tennessee (Science Hill, I believe), and while I don't like his current radio team, he's about as unbiased as they come.

Amen! What is Joe Biddle doing at a high school game. I'm surprised he lowered his standards.

Went to Knoxville for Homecoming. Their paper does a better job covering Nashville HS Sports than the Tennessean!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A rematch would be good. But, I hope both MBA and BA are focused their next opponents and not looking ahead to the Clinic Bowl. While it is "another can of worms", it is ashamed that Tennessee high school football fans can no longer witness a total state championship that includes public and independent schools playing on the field. Perhaps we can dream that someday there might be resolution by the TSSAA that brings back the good old days of a true state championship. Good luck to MBA and don't forget to practice that long-snapping!

I don't have a dog in this fight but, I haven't seen the replay, and so I'll take everyone's word for it that it was a bad call.

But you know what, MBA, you will have another shot at them in the playoffs more than likely, then you can show them and everyone else whether it was a fluke or not that they beat you. I'm not sure that the word "fluke" is the right word that i should have used, because anytime BA beats someone it's never a fluke, because of their tradition, they will almost always have a good team. I hate to see people put the blame on the kid that was the longsnapper too, even though it was a bad snap, that makes him look like a goat, don't you think that he will be thinking about that snap the rest of the year every time he snaps a ball.

Just be glad that it was not in the playoffs, or in the finals, that would have been hard to live with. I have a feeling that these two will meet up again. ;)

I don't hear anyone talking about the 4 seconds that run off the clock when the ball was 'spiked', 3 major dropped passes by BA receivers that would have ended the game in regulation. There were bad calls on both sides of the ball. In my opinion it's time to end all this and focus on the well played game by to 'GREAT TEAMS'. I have been watcing high school football for some 60 years and this was the best I can remember.

Let's get over it and look forward hopefully to another Great matchup in the Clinic Bowl by probably the two best teams in the state.

I do agree the Joe Biddle has no dog in this hunt 'SO STAY OUT OF JOE'.

On the 14th GO BA AND GO MBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I put this on the other thread and I'll say it again here: Santi deserves a h-ll of a lot of credit IMO for serving as the team's long snapper...he's a D1 signee and certainly has no obligation to serve as the team's long snapper; usually it's some back-up who's looking to get on the field...I would just assume he does it because he's a team player and will do anything for his team...rest assured, being a long snapper means extra practice time at an unglamorous, thankless position...so it's a real testament to the kid that he's willing to do that...I can assure you I looked the other way whenever a coach said, "we need long-snappers."

so, props to Santi for sacking up and doing that job...no worries on the bad snap as it shouldn't have mattered...

the replay of the game is being shown tuesday night at 7 i think. anyone who doubts that mba was robbed will be able to see that the referees made one of the worst calls in the history of football. mba will bounce back though. hopefully both teams will play again in the clinic bowl with an officiating crew that is somewhat competent.

while your at it why dont you watch the two plays before the kick to. notice how the clock is run off a couple seconds on each one, and then you can whine that there was not time left when there should have been at least 5 seconds more on the clock.

Joe Biddle doesn't give a flip about MBA, BA, or any high school team, especially in Middle TN. He's from East Tennessee (Science Hill, I believe), and while I don't like his current radio team, he's about as unbiased as they come.

roll, he does come to a few CPA games, as he has a nephew who plays for us.

Santi deserves a h-ll of a lot of credit IMO for serving as the team's long snapper...he's a D1 signee and certainly has no obligation to serve as the team's long snapper;

What a crock!!! It is a good thing that all players who sign to play at the next level don't have that attitude.

Santi is a member of MBA's TEAM and as a member of that TEAM he has an obligation to do whatever the coach asks him to do for the TEAM.

I can just hear a h.s. player telling his coach, "Hey, coach, I'm a D-1 signee and as such, I have no obligation to do what you need me to do any longer"

Back to the Subject of this thread -- It's not that Biddle is biased towards MBA it's the whole fricken newspaper -- it must be nice to be approx 2 miles down the street from one of the states largest media publications. Think back a few years the only thing in the sports section was Ingle Martin and MBA. I have come to hate everything about the sports section of the Tennessean. I have often wondered who runs the Tennessean -- Gannet or MBA

What a crock!!! It is a good thing that all players who sign to play at the next level don't have that attitude.

Santi is a member of MBA's TEAM and as a member of that TEAM he has an obligation to do whatever the coach asks him to do for the TEAM.

I can just hear a h.s. player telling his coach, "Hey, coach, I'm a D-1 signee and as such, I have no obligation to do what you need me to do any longer"

give me a freaking break...this has obviously passed over your head...but I can assure you no MBA coach "demanded" that Santi be the long snapper, leaving him with a decision, "Well, coach, I'd like to sip my iced tea during that part of practice instead, being a D1 signee and all"...I will all but guarantee he VOLUNTEERED to take on this thankless job because he wants to help his team...maybe he's done it his whole life, maybe he loves it, who knows? All I know is that he has taken on a thankless responsibility... name me another star player (a TE no less, not even a regular lineman) who also plays long snapper...