Joe Biddle

5eagleball

What a crock!!! It is a good thing that all players who sign to play at the next level don't have that attitude.

Santi is a member of MBA's TEAM and as a member of that TEAM he has an obligation to do whatever the coach asks him to do for the TEAM.

I can just hear a h.s. player telling his coach, "Hey, coach, I'm a D-1 signee and as such, I have no obligation to do what you need me to do any longer"

give me a freaking break...this has obviously passed over your head...but I can assure you no MBA coach "demanded" that Santi be the long snapper, leaving him with a decision, "Well, coach, I'd like to sip my iced tea during that part of practice instead, being a D1 signee and all"...I will all but guarantee he VOLUNTEERED to take on this thankless job because he wants to help his team...maybe he's done it his whole life, maybe he loves it, who knows? All I know is that he has taken on a thankless responsibility... name me another star player (a TE no less, not even a regular lineman) who also plays long snapper...

JP Wilcher is a long snapper and also a wide receiver. if you remeber he scored in the game

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tennessean is not biased towards MBA or any other team. Here's how it works:

Newspapers write about successful teams. MBA is a successful team. Therefore, when MBA and teams like them win games, newspapers will write about those games.

When you've won 4 state titles in 5 years, newspapers are going to write about you, especially when you are (or, shall we say, were) nationally ranked.

0-10 teams don't make for a very good news item.

Edited by WesVols

JP Wilcher is a long snapper and also a wide receiver. if you remeber he scored in the game

good for him, seriously. I respect ANYONE who does that job, certainly a WR willing to do it. I would be shocked in his case if Flatt just said, "hey you, you're the long snapper." I'm sure he stepped up for the team, like Santi did.

No one will ever remember the dozens of good snaps Santi has probably snapped this year. Both those guys deserve credit for performing a thankless (but crucial) part of a football game...

For what it's worth, I certainly don't think Biddle is biased. I think he was probably relying too much on the Comcast coverage, which was fatally flawed in the final analysis, and not thinking his comments through clearly enough, but not biased in the true sense of the word.

I actually e-mailed him to encourage him to take note of a couple of things he might have missed.

I agree in part to your assessment of the Tennessean's HS coverage. They do tend to cover winning teams' games, however they more often pick games that are likely to also be competitive. Hillsboro is a winner 90% of the time but more often than not (this year in particular) the Burros have far outmatched their opponents but earned scant coverage. The final scores reflected their projections.

Since the newspaper has limited writers, teams that feel they are still being left out can offer to provide a "stringer" to report their game(s) for the Sports desk. That's one way to get more coverage.

The Tennessean is not biased towards MBA or any other team. Here's how it works:

Newspapers write about successful teams. MBA is a successful team. Therefore, when MBA and teams like them win games, newspapers will write about those games.

When you've won 4 state titles in 5 years, newspapers are going to write about you, especially when you are (or, shall we say, were) nationally ranked.

0-10 teams don't make for a very good news item.

so when they loose the tennessean writes how the got screwed over and they should have won. so how is that not biased. your a disgrace to ba for picking mba over ba and the comment about the paper you made. biddle has always been biased to ba as well as comcast.

uk, first of all are we talking Joe Biddle or the Tennessean.

Second, if you would take the time to read the quote I put at the beginning of this thread from Joe's article, I would like you to explain how it translate into: your quote"tennessean writes how the got screwed over and they should have won". I'm sorry I just don't read that at all. Now if you're talking about the story Brian Mullen wrote about the game, please list the quotes you have a problem with.

Second, if you would take the time to read the quote I put at the beginning of this thread from Joe's article, I would like you to explain how it translate into: your quote"tennessean writes how the got screwed over and they should have won". I'm sorry I just don't read that at all. Now if you're talking about the story Brian Mullen wrote about the game, please list the quotes you have a problem with.

"TV replays of the game-tying field goal by Brentwood Academy Friday night show that the game clock expired several seconds before the Eagles got the kick off...Game officials blew that one." and you dont think that means that mba got screwed out of the win i dont know what does

Second, if you would take the time to read the quote I put at the beginning of this thread from Joe's article, I would like you to explain how it translate into: your quote"tennessean writes how the got screwed over and they should have won".  I'm sorry I just don't read that at all.  Now if you're talking about the story Brian Mullen wrote about the game, please list the quotes you have a problem with.

"TV replays of the game-tying field goal by Brentwood Academy Friday night show that the game clock expired several seconds before the Eagles got the kick off...Game officials blew that one." and you dont think that means that mba got screwed out of the win i dont know what does

Look at the tape. I see my re-take on this on another thread. Comcast blew it...big time!