Jefferson Co. vs. William Blount

cruzey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

patriotghost79,

The best I can tell there were four games played between the two regions this year; Oak Ridge lost to D-B and beat Sevier County (1-1) and Farragut beat Karns and beat Bearden (2-0). So, I guess, the logic that region 2 is better than region 1 holds up head to head. But, their best, or at least #1 seed, lost to our #1 seed and a team that didn't make it to the playoffs beat two of our teams that didn't make the playoffs. It's all about this week and next and so on. One season is over, your team and my team finished it 9-1. Friday we start season #2, with the hopes of playing in five (5) more games. Good luck.

Roll Tribe Roll

(I appreciate Jennings and Houston's speed and talent, but Osborne and Walker are just as capable )

Are you on crack? if you combine both players stats they are close to either Houston or Jennings. As a matter of fact if you combine all the leaders in Rushing,and Receiving they don`t add up to either of the two. I mean WR Tlyer Brown almost has as many yards receiving as walker has rushing. Which means one of our backs are a valuable as three of your players, that doesn`t seem as capable to me.

Emeritus,

No doubt ... you're right, Blount will have to be able to hit on some passes to even have a chance.  They've got some kids who can catch the ball and do some things with it, once they catch it.  Osborne, Crain, Thomas, Bird ... all good hands and all good runners.  I'd love to see us do some play action and give WoJo some simpler passes to throw.  Some screens or drags, etc.  I hate it when we roll him out and make him throw against his body.

I appreciate Jennings and Houston's speed and talent, but Osborne and Walker are just as capable if Blount can get the ball in their hands in the right situations.

As far as defense, if Blount can figure out that although Meadows is going to use a lot of different sets and motions, basically he still just runs the same few plays out of all of them, it will help.

Once again, I think the one thing that will help Blount is that it's been a while since Jeff played any truly tough opposition.  Blount's region is definitely tougher than Jeff Countys.

Jeff Co's last "truly tough opponent" Science Hill was a month ago. In the three games since then,

JC-158

Opponents-19.

For those scoring at home that is an average of 52-6. WB's scoring average on the year, 18. Most points scored, last week 36 in a shootout with Bradley Central. My point? To beat Jeff CO you have to put points on the board, something that WB has had trouble doin.

And is region 2 better than region 1? Its close, the way I look at it 1 has JC, SH, and DB, 2 has Oak Ridge. I still dont think McMinn CO is a real threat. What Im saying is region 2 has teams that all have similar levels of talent, much like the SEC they just beat up on each other. Whereas R1 is just the BIG3 beatin up on everybody else. So in short, region 2's cellar dwellars are better than the bottom of region one so I guess that does make 2 better.

Say what you will but if JC played in Region 2 they would go ATLEAST 9-1 if not run the table and WB would probaly have a better record in 1.

Edited by LawyerMilloy

Now, I don't believe that region 2 is better than region 1, I mirely reported the facts as I could gather them. I agree with Lawyer, that region one (this year) has the big 3, while region 2 has the big 1 and 3 other very good teams...it is hard to argue with a #4 seed with a 7-3 record...but, they do have a #3 seed with a 5-5...so...we will find out Friday, that on that given night, which region gets the most wins.

I rather doubt that anyone in the state has two backs that even remotely compare to Jennings and Houston...they have my respect and Wm Blount shouldn't doubt them...they both are something very special and by themselves would be quite imposing, but together as part of that Patriot offensive package, they are formidable.

Roll Tribe Roll

Now, I don't believe that region 2 is better than region 1, I mirely reported the facts as I could gather them. I agree with Lawyer, that region one (this year) has the big 3, while region 2 has the big 1 and 3 other very good teams...it is hard to argue with a #4 seed with a 7-3 record...but, they do have a #3 seed with a 5-5...so...we will find out Friday, that on that given night, which region gets the most wins.

I rather doubt that anyone in the state has two backs that even remotely compare to Jennings and Houston...they have my respect and Wm Blount shouldn't doubt them...they both are something very special and by themselves would be quite imposing, but together as part of that Patriot offensive package, they are formidable.

Roll Tribe Roll

It all depends on how you look at it, if the Big3 trump the talent at the bottom of region two or not, so for WB I guess region 2 is a tough region. But thats neither here nor there.

WB does not have the offense to even play in the same game as Jeff Co, and with the Jeff CO Defense allowing only 18 points in the last 3 games I dont see the Don Sundquists lighting up the scoreboard on friday. I think J.J.Jr and Scoot will have the better part of the 2nd half off in this one.

Hey Lawyer, we have a new Gov now, Phil Bredeson, but the Patriots will have this one won, before he gets there.

I just don't understand people underestimating the explosiveness of the Patriots offense...I have seen Jeff County and I have seen Oak Ridge, both great teams...I know Wm Blount has played and lost to O.R. (who has two outstanding backs in Booker, as good as anyone in the state, and Gulmire who is going to be as good as anyone in the state), but Jeff has two guys with great speed and guts, who are seniors, and both as good as anybody in the state...my guess is, they are on a mission. Maybe we in region 1 just don't understand football, but Jeff County is real good and like Oak Ridge, have the talent to win the whole shooting match.

Roll Tribe Roll

Hey Lawyer, we have a new Gov now, Phil Bredeson, but the Patriots will have this one won, before he gets there.

I just don't understand people underestimating the explosiveness of the Patriots offense...I have seen Jeff County and I have seen Oak Ridge, both great teams...I know Wm Blount has played and lost to O.R. (who has two outstanding backs in Booker, as good as anyone in the state, and Gulmire who is going to be as good as anyone in the state), but Jeff has two guys with great speed and guts, who are seniors, and both as good as anybody in the state...my guess is, they are on a mission. Maybe we in region 1 just don't understand football, but Jeff County is real good and like Oak Ridge, have the talent to win the whole shooting match.

Roll Tribe Roll

Your opinion as a staunch DB fan is greatly appreciated. I want nothing more than a rematch with DB, I can assure you that. DB would have my blessing to finally play in a state championship game if they beat us twice ;) .

SHHHHHH! Maybe the rest of the state will underestimate the double barreled 12 gauge pump shotty that is the Patriot backfield. Because GovMan and his cronies obviously do not realize the power of JJJr and Scoot along with the rest of the Patriots.

B) Sorry about the Sundquist thing he was the first that came to my mind. But you knew what I meant so its all good.

All this paper talk (including mine) is meaningless come Friday night. But, just to keep it going.

Jeff County's opponent's overall record this year = 45 wins / 55 losses.

William Blounts opponent's overal record this year = 61 wins / 39 losses.

Jeff County ONLY played three teams with winning records this year. Blount doubled that, playing six teams with winning records.

Blount's out of region games? Knox Central - Alcoa - Maryville. Jeff County's out of regions? Rhea County - Morristown West - Cocke County. You can decide who had it tougher here ... I don't think I need to help with that one.

It's a lot easier to put up great records and to have great rushing totals and passing totals when you're doing it against teams like Bearden, South Doyle, , Karns, Cocke County, Campbell County instead of against teams like Soddy Daisy, McMinn County, Farragut, Knox Central, Maryville, etc.

Our worst team, Heritage, would be a favorite against at least 3 or 4 teams Jeff County's region.

Those who think Blount is a huge underdog and don't stand a chance are going to be in for a big surprise come Friday.

GovMan,

I never said that Wm Blount "doesn't stand a chance", I have simply stated that you are about to play a very good team, who is at least on par with Oak Ridge...speed, talent, explosiveness, tradition, hunger, experience.

I am hopeful that Heritage is as good as you say and improving, as their head coach is a D-B grad and a very fine young man. I am confident he will do very good things @ Heritage football wise and be a good example for his players and the other students.

Like I said, I understand the premise of "on any given night"...I can say William Blount and Knox Karns.

Also, to be a bit petty on the record situation, Jeff County beat 9 of the 10 teams they played, thus adding 9 losses to the L column for their opponents, whereby Wm Blount won 5 of 10, thus adding 5 wins to the W column of their opponents, so if Jeff County had been worse than 9-1 in the regular season and Wm Blount had been better than 5-5 , then the comparison numbers of opponents records would even up some; plus, Jeff County had another 9-1 team in their conference, which is the only team to beat them, thusfar...Friday is another day.

Roll Tribe Roll

All this paper talk (including mine) is meaningless come Friday night. But, just to keep it going.

Jeff County's opponent's overall record this year = 45 wins / 55 losses.

William Blounts opponent's overal record this year = 61 wins / 39 losses.

Jeff County ONLY played three teams with winning records this year. Blount doubled that, playing six teams with winning records.

Blount's out of region games? Knox Central - Alcoa - Maryville. Jeff County's out of regions? Rhea County - Morristown West - Cocke County. You can decide who had it tougher here ... I don't think I need to help with that one.

It's a lot easier to put up great records and to have great rushing totals and passing totals when you're doing it against teams like Bearden, South Doyle, , Karns, Cocke County, Campbell County instead of against teams like Soddy Daisy, McMinn County, Farragut, Knox Central, Maryville, etc.

Our worst team, Heritage, would be a favorite against at least 3 or 4 teams Jeff County's region.

Those who think Blount is a huge underdog and don't stand a chance are going to be in for a big surprise come Friday.

Well until the game is played paper talk is all that there is to say.

Yeah maybe Jeff Co's schedule isnt as tough as WB but the point of that is you guys didnt win the games that counted. Granted Jeff CO faultered against DB but every game besides that was dominated.

WB's average margin of victory 7 points.

JC's average margin of victory 30 points.