Jefferson Co. vs. William Blount

cruzey

Skunk-

I am a Heritage (the "worst" team) parent and I will tell you that we are proud of our coach from D-B. My son has played for him for 4 years and he respects and loves Coach C. Our boys have struggles this year, but we played hard and had some real close games, and some games we should have won. In some cases our boys did not come through, and there were other factors in some games, but I will tell you this. Heritage Football is proud, and we owe a lot of this to our D-B coach. Thanks for the kind words.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heritage Football is proud, and you owe a lot of this to the hard work of the kids. Any word if your D-B coach might return to DB? I mean, what 4-26 or something the past three years. I mean I know Mr. C works hard but maybe football coaching is not his cup of tee! My sons friends over there tell him there is a bunch of kids who won't go out for the team because of the coaching staff. I do know one can't blame everything on the staff, but who gets the blame normally. I don't want anyone to think I am kicking what is down but where is the end of this? I also think your AD is clueless concerning Football. Sorry WB, gonna be a long bus ride home.

GovMan,

Also, to be a bit petty on the record situation, Jeff County beat 9 of the 10 teams they played, thus adding 9 losses to the L column for their opponents, whereby Wm Blount won 5 of 10, thus adding 5 wins to the W column of their opponents, so if Jeff County had been worse than 9-1 in the regular season and Wm Blount had been better than 5-5 , then the comparison numbers of opponents records would even up some; plus, Jeff County had another 9-1 team in their conference, which is the only team to beat them, thusfar...Friday is another day.

Roll Tribe Roll

Darn It,

Normally people who use the moniker "Skunk" aren't near as smart as you, you old "pole cat." You've got me confused with your math. But actually, I think I'm still correct because I counted the opponent's overall records which would have included their games against Jeff County and their games against Blount ??? Wouldn't it? Oh well ... I'm just stirring up some good fun controversy anyhow. I know it looks pretty grim for the Govs.

I know that Jeff County is loaded. I know they have tradition on their side, as well as the home field advantage. I know that they have much more experience in big games and know how to "win" big games. Blount still lacks that.

But I'd love to see Blount come up and play the role of "giant killer."

Kudos to you Skunk and to LawyerMilloy ... you Jeff County folks are classy. You can argue and talk some smack without getting ugly or spiteful. I look forward to coming up Friday night ... see you then. Good luck and God Bless.

Darn It,

Normally people who use the  moniker "Skunk" aren't near as smart as you, you old "pole cat."  You've got me confused with your math.  But actually, I think I'm still correct because I counted the opponent's overall records which would have included their games against Jeff County and their games against Blount ???  Wouldn't it?  Oh well ... I'm just stirring up some good fun controversy anyhow.  I know it looks pretty grim for the Govs.

I know that Jeff County is loaded.  I know they have tradition on their side, as well as the home field advantage.  I know that they have much more experience in big games and know how to "win" big games.  Blount still lacks that.

But I'd love to see Blount come up and play the role of "giant killer."

Kudos to you Skunk and to LawyerMilloy ... you Jeff County folks are classy.  You can argue and talk some smack without getting ugly or spiteful.  I look forward to coming up Friday night ... see you then.  Good luck and God Bless.

Thanks ol boy, same to you. I enjoy a good shocking upset as much as the next guy, as long as it doesnt involve the Patriots. B)

Let it be known, I run numbers like Bumpy Johnson in Hoodlum.

Edited by LawyerMilloy

GovMan,

You are class as well and I greatly appreciate the compliment, but, one quick point of order I must interject...I am a Dobyns-Bennett fan...Which I hope will still allow the compliment to me to stand...I just have a lot of respect for the two teams on this post and I love high school sports.

In regard to my math skills...I am a D-B and UT grad, but, I wasn't a math major, however, to attempt to quickly clarify my point; if Jeff Co had lost more games then their opponents records would look better and if Wm Blount had won more then their opponents would look worse...Regardless, Wm Blount should be proud of their season and attempt to take advantage of the opportunity for an upset Friday night, Jeff Co needs to appreciate their position and remember what happened to D-B a couple of years ago against Wm Blount and what happened a couple of weeks ago against Karns...That is why these games are played on the field and not just on paper.

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk,

I get your point on the won-loss thing. You've got to be patient with me, I'm from the south part of Blount County ... it takes us a little longer sometimes.

Didn't realize you were a DB fan. That's a great atmosphere to come play a football game in. The facility, the band, the Indian-war march thing the players do before the game.

I've got some connections, believe it or not. One of your former coaches, Ted Wilson ... I've known his sons since I was just a kid. And also, my boss's son, Keith Coates, played at DB in the late 90's I believe.

No it's not something you're especially fond of, but DB is definitely the source of the greatest victory in the history of the William Blount program.

I'm hoping for another miracle this weekend.

Be careful with Soddy-Daisy.

GovMan,

You definitely have some great DB connections with those two. Nothing has to be said about coach Wilson for all of the accomplishments he has. Definitely a legend. It is funny you say something about Keith Coates. When I was still a little kid dreaming about being an Indian, he lived right down the street from me and was my hero when he played for DB. I believe it actually was the very early 90's, but that is beside the point. It's a small world...Roll Tribe!!!!

Okay GovMan, here goes...

I was a radio broadcaster for the Indians from '84 thru '96, so I got to interview the great coach Ted Wilson many times and became friends. I think the world of Coach Wilson...he was back in Kingsport for a while this year helping out with the choir at his old church...sat behind him at the D-B - Sullivan North game. I was broadcasting when Keith played as well, he went to Sewanee "The University of the South", didn't he? I do a little P.A. now for the Indians and have sons playing for the Tribe. Love the Indians...

Revisit a previous post on the respect and admiration for McMahan and his performance against D-B in the playoffs... that is a great example as to why every opponent should be looked at as being capable of winning, thus requiring the best effort possible to attempt to defeat them.

High school sports: the rivalries are great; the efforts and the respect shared and shown is what it is truly all about.

You know you must be way down south on Blount County...I always sign off with Roll Tribe Roll...believe me, that is not something a Jeff County fan would use

(not even the nice ones like Lawyer and patriotghost79).

Again, good luck Friday night...we Indians know we need some good luck, too

Roll Tribe Roll

Hey boyz!

Well let me weigh in on this one! I think the Govs are gonna do it come Friday night.

I know how it looks on paper, etc.

I just have a feeling.

As far as McMahan, he was probably the best all around athlete to ever attend William Blount High School. I believe he was the only all state player. I may be missing the big lineman in the '80's.

I am sure one of the Chris Whiteheads probably made it in baseball, but for football, I think I am right!

His sister is the real deal too! Both are fine kids and their parents should be proud.

Skunk did Ted ever tell you how we started up the red rebel machine down here? I mean with my recruiting and his coaching...what a dynasty we have created.

Gov Man...I think I know your boss and maybe have figured out who you are! I can't believe you called Heritage the "worst" team in the region. I bet your siblings and nephew(s) will be proud of that comment. A more kindler, gentler Gov Man might have said the team with worst record. I am sure that is what you meant. I love those boyz at HHS! Suzette went out with a couple of them when she was trying to recruit them to the red and black.

Starz and I will be getting a little bling, bling after the Volunteers put it on the Dolphins...err the Hurricanes!

Alcoa wins

Maryville wins

Greenback wins

William Blount wins

Seymour wins

and the Vols in an upset special! That will be a trifecta weekend or something like that!

Love you boyz!

;)

Edited by susie

Hey boyz!

Too Good I know how it looks, it is just a feeling...starz says when I get those feelings, it is usually just gas!

I don't particularly like the Blount County teams. I don't think there is any emphasis put on extra curricular activities, band, football, baseball, basketball, forensics, etc. in Blount County.

Now I don't mean that from a coaches or teachers perspective. I mean it from a county commission, school board perspective. They don't pay their coaches, band directors, drama teachers etc. commensurate with their time and effort.

They take teachers for granted! Per pupil expenditures is no where close to that of Maryville or Alcoa.

Sorry I got on my soap box, this could be another topic...maybe "Support from county commissions or governing bodies for your athletic programs!"

I bet it would get filled up!

If I were smart enough to start it...I would.

Scott Meadows is a friend of mine and I would hate it, for him to lose...but I just have a feeling.

Love you boyz!

;)