Halls Football

tennstar33

Where did I ever say anything about running the ball up the middle?  I said Halls uses a smash mouth style of offense, which needs good a O-Line.

Once again I think Coach Sheppard is a great coach and enjoyed playing for him.  I just believe that he could have passed it more.  Im not saying line up with 4-5 wide and throw it 20-30 times a game.  But I think that against Central especially where they bring 9 men in the box, you have to spread them out to open up the run.  Maybe running 3-4 wide and then giving it to Timbo and let him find a seam to run through, something like that.

Im not basing any of my comments on this years team.  Halls was at the bottom of the barrel this year in Region 3-4A on talent.  I just dont think Coach Sheppard will have as much success as he could have if he would pass the ball alittle more.

P.S.

I believe I played a big factor for Halls.

KFLFootball-If you will read the last part of your post (The P.S.). Just as I do sometimes we forget what we once said.

Just because I said I thought I played a big factor for Halls doesnt mean I think of myself as a legend. Maybe I did, maybe I didnt, but by no means did I say I was a legend.

Good buddy, I saw the rednecks play that year and NO fullback I saw was nary a legend nor a factor. No matter what you may think!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we have been talking about coaching changes and Julian getting the Gibbs job, but what about Brad Conley at Gibbs. He is the offensive coordinator. He seems to be well respected and a good fit for this job. Although he has been kept under Carroll shadow he would be a good fit for the Gibbs job. My only thing about Julian going to Gibbs is that it might not be where he ought to go. He might do better at a more well established program.

Q.B.'s dad said it best. By the way what do think he was impling by referring to Central as Ftn. City U. Halls may very well have some young talent but the best went to as "Q.B.'s dad calls them" Ftn. City U. There isn't anything wrong with the coaching at Halls. Does anyone think that the Coach from Fulton, Maryville, Central, A.E. etc... could take the Halls team and do any better. Certainly not anyone with any knowledge of the game. The bottom line is players make plays and at this time Halls just doesn't have it.

i mean if you are talking about key players that touch the ball alot during the game and is a big playmaker, yeah 3 or 4 of them would change a team. But the kids that go to central may touch the ball a total of about 3 times a game thats all of them put together. But no i have seen lockwood play QB recently he played it a little i think his midget year and super midget year. and the option is hard to read but its common sense if he takes dive keep and read end if he takes pitch give the dive. i mean i have tried it and it just takes some getting used to is all.

First of all shaggie...if cute Kevin was the head coach at Halls they would not have won a single game this year. Now onto more important matters...... Lockwood is not smart enough to run the option no matter how long you practice at it. He is just not smart period. As far as Bobcat goes..... you say those players only touched the ball maybe an average of 3 times per game? Well im here to tell you that if smith were at Halls still, Halls would have a much better passing game and would look like a totally different team. Same goes for the fullback...Lockwood would be tougher to get to thats for sure...... And then you put them on defense and you totally change the defense for the better. So don't come on here saying that 2 or 3 players wouldn't make a difference when everybody in Knoxville knows there are at LEAST 7-8 players on Centrals team that is NOT zoned for Central. Take out the hunting class and they would still be at Halls which is a sad thing that Knox Co allows this to happen. Why not let Halls have a class in " Preventative Car Theft" and I am sure they would get many many MANY athletes to come play there. Get off the coaches backs and get your kids to hit the weight room like they should be after school each day. THAT THE BOTTOM LINE JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!