Barefoot Kicking

timbertalker

I know there is a rule against barefoot kicking , but it should be changed. If a kid wants to it should be up to him and the parents and coaches.They say the rule is in place so kickers won't break their foot , come on football is a physical sport, arms neck leg injuries every day weather it's practice or game. Let them Decide. any other views on this? Any way you can change these rules other states let them?

Edited by timbertalker

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in junior high school in Ripley, Mississippi, we had a great punter named Jim Miller. Jim would always punt barefoot in the Punt, Pass and Kick competition. He usually had the contest under control with his punt. He had to wear a shoe due to High School rules. (I can see both sides to the argument.)

They tried to come up with a shoe that was as close to barefoot as possible, and still be legal.

When he went to Ole Miss, he went back to punting barefoot and was an All American. He later punted for the 49'ers for several years.

Edited by tackle

[color=blu

i think the rule should stay because kickers most of the time play other postions on the team and even during kickoffs or other special team plays the kicker is usually

going downfield to make plays unlike college or the NFL. therefore a kicker would need a kicker would need a cleat to keep his foot from being steeped on or injured.