Lions at the Trojans Colliseum

GreenMan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you CPA folks, I was told by TSF that Adam Andrews will be there on Friday. If you remember, Adam was seriously hurt last year in a Collinwood JV game.

I certainly hope to get to meet him and remind him that he continues to be in my prayers, I hope others of you can do the same. The Collinwood Community really rallied around Adam and I know the whole event impacted the whole coacht community as well.

Greenman, ask your fans and friends to let Fisher watch his son play and do autographs before the game and at halftime. If you like Robjim, Online, Bighurt and I will set up an autograph booth.

The autograph booth is a great idea. I think that would give him a break away for the game. You could have our P.A. man, Jacky Ward, announce that Coach Fisher will only be signing auto's during those specified times. Does he get swarmed at games often? I know I'd like to ask him a ton of questions, but I respect his privacy. Watching your kids play and grow come first (along with God). He probably doesn't get enough time as it is. I enjoy watching my brothers play on the same field I played on. To see them work hard and succeed and have fun is worth more than any win or loss. See you all at the game. Be safe. GBWY

If we feel we are among friends, we may even bring out divepix and gr8smiles and my2sons for you to meet although they are not quite as sophisticated as robjim, bighurt and myself and even robjim and bighurt have a strange accent so be prepared.

Online, Jacky Ward will be my bodyguard and guide Friday night, so anybody who wants to get to me will have to go through him! Seriously, the wife and I looking forward to getting with Jacky and Tanya before the game Friday night. We're practically related since our boys are roommates, friends, and teammates at MTSU. We're also excited about being in Collinwood with the other great folks there. Vic, hope to meet you and Greenman! ;)

C-Wood is hard place to win!!!! I don't care who you are or how far you have to travel to get there. It always seems to be about 15 degrees colder and the wind blowing 10mph more down in that pit. If the mole hills don't get you, young Colt Risner might. He's inexperienced, but he's quick and he's an athelete. And ath. find a way to win. I think traveling 100+ miles will have an effect on CPA. Don't misunderstand odds are CPA will cry victory at the end of the night but the Trojans will give them more than they are bargaining for and if CPA is not on top of their game those boys from the South part of Wayne Co. will walk away with a W.

My wife told me about the tailgating possibility when she returned from school yesterday. Is that definitely on? Is the Middle School site (mentioned above) "the place?" If so, after getting off the Trace, how do we get there?

Most importantly, how about some recommendations from you Collinwood fans of some wonderful local places where we can get the necessary yummies for tailgating! In your honor, as our hosts, please inform us by using the Trojan Helmet Rating Scale: Your Ultimate Tailgating Guide of Culinary Collinwood.

4 Trojan Helmets: The food is so good, if this place had been here when the Trace was being used by Settlers, no one would have ever bothered going to Natchez!

3 Trojan Helmets: This place WAS here and Old Hickory ate here often!

2 Trojan Helmets: The food here is so good, when I bring my Momma, SHE likes it!

1 Trojan Helmet: No place in Collinwood rates only one helmet.

Both times we've followed the Lions to Collinwood, we've gone straight to the field, and, then, straight home. If we get to tailgate with the gang, my wife & I would love to sample some of the local cooking. (Yes, we're Lions fans; but, we're much bigger food fans!) ;)

So, help us out, folks! Ya'll speak up and let us know where these places are AND what you order when YOU go there!

Edited by BaldEagleEye

Seriously, Jeff is very approachable but please wait until after the game. He always hangs around. When his presence is announced over the PA, he is swarmed and cannot watch his son play.

Here's an idea. Tell Coach Fisher to bring Steve McNair and Jevon Kearse with him. They probably wouldn't be that into the game, so they could sit on our side and sign autographs. Boom!!!!!!! Major distraction for Jeff. If that doesn't work then we will could just put an officer over there to thwart the mob until the game is over. You just wait, this is a small town, someone is gonna read way too far into this and there will be 500 people there to see McNair and The Freak. Rumors are like California wildfires around here.lol