McMinn County V.S. Dobyns Bennet

MCHSGoTribe

When McMinn County wins it's 660th game they can jump in on claiming to be the "real tribe". Dobyns-Bennett won it's 660th game Friday night, the most football victories in the state of Tennessee, so regardless of Friday night's outcome the "Real Tribe" is the Dobyns-Bennett Indians...but, we will happily share the term tribe with any and all schools who glorify with respect the courage of all indian tribes, as I'm sure the Cherokees do.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win DB Friday night againist what I thought was a pretty good SD team.

Here are some of my thoughts about this weeks game. First of all the CHEROKEES are excited about the challange that faces them this week, DB is one of the great football powers in this state and anytime you get the chance to compete againist the best that has to get you pumped up. And all of the tradition and the great atmosphere just adds to the experience.

Some interesting numbers about both teams that I have come up with are as follows: McMinn is avg. 26 pts. per game and is allowing 13 pts. per game and the won/loss record for teams they have played is 56 / 54. McMinn has played 7 teams that have atleast a 5-5 record or better.

For DB they avg. 33 pts. per game while they avg. giving up 14 pts. per game, there won/loss record for teams they have played is 55 / 55. DB has played 5 teams with atleast a 5-5 record or better.

Bud I don't have the exact numbers but our QB threw for about 975yds. and we have several backs that are all around the 600-700 yard mark. That is the one thing about this football team that makes us competitive you can not key on one player or another one will burn you.

We also have a good group of recievers with one of them earning all state honors several weeks ago.

This team is not flashy and does not have great size but we continue to improve each week. Hopefully that trend will continue.

If I am Coach Hutchins I would get my seniors together for a meeting this week, and let them know what exactly they're getting into this week @ DB. They have to lead the way this week. I know they will come prepared and ready to play no matter what, and they should be aware that this one may be the biggest they've ever played in. I'm not sure if DB folks realize that this is a huge game for our program. We feel like we have a shot at making it deep into the playoffs this year, and these guys have never been up to DB. Be ready for a great game this week.

P.S. Coach Hutchins has done a great job in his 1st year as a head coach. Good luck Friday night coach. You've proven a lot this season.

Just putting this in the thread as I did the other thread to make sure all McMinn fans see this

Listen all you McMinn people! You need to go eat at Pal's. There is one about 150 yards from the stadium. You can only drive through(at most Pal's). They are our local favorite around Kingsport, Bristol, and Johnson City. Excellent everything. Famous shakes, burgers, fries (called frenchie fries), chipped ham w/ cheese, and tea. Trust me, you need to go there and try our local favorite. Anyone from this area will agree. Website Pal's

It is always crowded, but quick, you will not be disappointed.

Edited by bud

Yes the line is very weak. Sometimes they have to carry them onto the field. I think the biggest guy is like 5'3" and weights 125lbs. They had to go to the middle school and get uniforms for them. Your defense will have no problem at all getting to the quarterback. He's a little guy also, about 5'5" & 120lbs. He has a weak arm, can't throw over 20yrds. Our fullback will fall down if you yell Boo, so you shouldn't have any problem bringing him down in the backfield.

Keep watching that film, and if you have any more questions, I'll give you honest answers.

WaCo ;) JaCo.......a man of his word.

Edited by WaCoJaCo