McMinn County V.S. Dobyns Bennet

MCHSGoTribe

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the way i see it is that theres a little thing called any given day any team can win and its usually the team that is most ready to play and when u get those shivers on the back of your neck when u see some beasts from the east (cherokees) get off that charter bus then u will understand that it will be a good game.

91statechamp, your saying McMinn Co. isn't on your level. I hope you don't think we're the same football team you played earlier on this season. If you do you are sorely mistaken. Those nuclear waves must be going to your brain. Ya'll just worry about taking care of business against Jeff. Co. and we'll handle ours against DB. We would love to get the chance to take on the Wildcats again to see who the real Region 2 5A champs are. The Cherokees are the hungriest team around right now (on the field and off) and would love to get a chance to eat at Big Ed's on the 21st.

Go Cherokees!

Go Patriots!

Who said anything about RESPECT? 91statechamp that sounds like you be a cheerleader instead of a football player. Did you chear on the 91 state championship cheering squad?

Please don't disrespect our school, it sounds as if OR is the school with no class when you make comments like "let them hate so long as they respect".

MCHS,

You seem to have trouble with the term "real"...the "real" tribe and the "real" champs of Region 2 5A...Oak Ridge won the Region 2 5A title by virtue of winning the conference, which did include a victory over McMinn County. There are alot of teams that use an indian mascot throughout the great state of Tennessee and all have the right to use the moniker of tribe, but until the other schools in the state win more games than the Dobyns-Bennett Indians (660) the idea of "real", pretty much belongs to the Tribe that resides in Kingsport. Friday night's game will not mean that either school is better than the other in any since other than "on that given day", so let's stick to the Xs & Os of the game and get off the real kick. See, the reason that the Oak Ridge and Jefferson Co. fans both want us to win is for revenge. The only game those two schools lost was to the Indians, so they want us back, like you want the Wildcats. As I have said, 3 solid teams, from 3 solid programs, with long standing traditions of acheivement, thus good solid rivalries played out with effort and class...not a knock on McMinn Co. we just haven't had the tradition of competition with you. That is why the Indians look forward to playing the Cherokees Friday, we know you are an outstanding team and we like to compete. We should see two great games Friday in Northeast Tennessee and the winner of each has a legitimate shot at the state title...any of the four teams involved can win it all...

oh yeah tribe#1, the Indians are the Beasts of the Big East, our conference name...in fact, t-shirts with that on it have been worn since before the start of the season, y'all really need something original.

Be careful on the way up Cherokees fans, if you have questions about directions or eating establishments, please feel free to ask (Pal's has been mentioned, good fast food, we have alot of nice restaurants, will be happy to recommend steak, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Homestyle, pizza, deli, gormet coffee, whatever).

All four teams are on the same level, we are all in the "sweet 16". Congratulations and good luck.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Skunk, If I wanted some kind've social studies lesson on Native Americans I would've asked. Why don't you just stick to football on the message boards. Getting back to football I understand your point about the rivalries. I don't really care who we play next if we win this Friday. McMinn is on a mission and whoever is in the way will just have to be dealt with. Thanks for your help on the Kingsport area attractions. I may have some questions for you closer to Friday.

MCHS, I'll tell you one great place to eat. Ralphs Bar & Grill on 11W (Stone Drive), just 3 mi. from the stadium. Its kind of a preppy place, but I think you'll like it. Most people dress like their going to play a round of golf or somethin'. Don't know if your single, but thats the place in Kingsport to pick up chicks. Have fun!

WaCo :) JaCo