Sweetwater @ Alcoa

h2oBOI

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the playoffs started, I picked Alcoa to make it from this part of the draw. However, I picked Sweetwater to lose close to GP. So much for picks.

These two have a great history and this should be a good football game. Both have improved so much since their meeting earlier, in which the Tornados built a 21-0 lead, only to watch Sweetwater storm back before losing 21-14. Latham tried to go in that game, but couldn't.

Alcoa's offense has taken it to the next level, winning 7 games in a row. Sweetwater will once again have to follow the blueprint and hold on to the rock, while establishing Dustin and Jam in the run game. If they do that, they can be successful. But, the two keys in my mind are this. Sweetwater has a real problem stopping the pass. Fiegler and Warren could have huge games. The front four for the Wildcats MUST, along with some backers blitzing, have their best game of the season and get a good push to pressure the passing game.

No predictions yet, but I know I am very excited about this contest.

we know sweetwater is gonna gome in mad and ready...we have gotten better and so have they..this will be a great game probley being decided in the 4th qtr. But i know we will be up to the challenge to beat them at home. Last time they came in they blew us out and we are never gonna be blown out on goddard field again so we're lookin foward to a much better sweetwater team...great game expected

If sweetwater dose not have to many turnovers and Dustin and Jam get there running game down then sweetwater is going to be unstopable. We as a team is going to have to play go D. the corners and the saftey is going to have to stop the pass plays and then we are going to take this one home. sweetwater 36 aloca 21

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

I've watched Alcoa all week practicing for the Sweetwater game and these boys are ready . When we played them earlier this year we were still getting things worked out and now that we do , watch out . The games we lost were at the first of the year and against Maryville and William Blount , a 4a and 5a schools . The only 2a team to beat us was Oliver Springs , who won the region , and it was in double OT . We've grown alot since the start of the season and are ready to play .

I think it's safe to say that both teams have improved since their first meeting. The question is, who has improved the most? Getting really excited about this and the OS/Tiger matchup.

Since Sweetwater's loss to Alcoa, they have lost twice. To a 5A team and Oliver Springs. The main reason is health. They are fully healthy now and should make it very interesting come Friday night.

Some history for everyone. Alcoa has totally dominated Sweetwater the past 10 years. Even in 1992, when the Wildcats went 14-1 and won the state championship, Alcoa handed them a loss in week 10 of the regular season. Sweetwater won in 94, then the Tornadoes reeled off 8 straight, including a third-round win in the 2001 playoffs.

The special team Sweetwater had last year took it to Alcoa, but overall Alcoa has mastered the Wildcats on the football field the past 10 years. Whose advantage does the history favor? Probably nobody, but one could argue that Alcoa is a team Sweetwater gets too fired up to play, or that a quality program like the Wildcats have could be due for a huge win. On the road, the air attack Alcoa has will make that very difficult. This game isn't about the Dustin factor (Latham and Lindsey) as much as it is the guys up front.

Can Alcoa stop Sweetwater's improved and strong running attack and can Sweetwater's D-line get the push and put pressure on the great sophomore quarterback? Of course, turnovers and the zebras will be part of the game and the team that overcome those two factors will have a shot to win it. Look forward to seeing a big crowd at the game. Come say howdy to me, not hard to miss walking the sidelines. :o

We know the sweetwater boys are ready and i think we have had our best week of practice all year. should be a great game. I know that sitting in the locker room before the sweetwater game you can just feel the intensity. I can't wait til friday. Come out and see the greatest game in the state this friday at Goddard Field. I'll be there, right in the middle of things, #58. Go Tornadoes!!!