Jefferson County vs Oak Ridge

WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie,

This should be a classic at the 'ship. A great battle between 2 of the state's best backfields. We need to be much sharper than we played against Sevier County, which was a much closer game than the score indicated. I like our chances if we come out and play hard make the most of our opportunities. I understand that Jeff Co. travels well, which should really juice up the game atmosphere. Wish you could come on up and catch the game.

Edited by boyfromsi

Willie,

Let me assure you (as a parent of an Oak Ridge player) that this year's version of the Wildcats haven't overlooked anyone so far this season. Our guys are used to teams bringing their "A" game against us. As far as bulletin board material, Jeff county fans have provided enough to wallpaper the wall of the locker room. Just about everyone here is taking it one game at-a-time.

As far as the game, this should be a classic at the 'ship. A great battle between 2 of the state's best backfields. We need to be much sharper than we played against Sevier County, which was a much closer game than the score indicated. I like our chances if we come out and play hard make the most of our opportunities. I understand that Jeff Co. travels well, which should really juice up the game atmosphere. Wish you could come on up and catch the game.

I dont think any "overlooking" talk even exists. The way I see it, these are two 5A powerhouses that should be meeting in later rounds than 2nd.

Jeff CO's ranking in any poll doesnt really mean much. JC and Oak Ridge are two very talented football teams that should be very closely matched.

STAT TIME!

Common Opposition:

Sevier Co.

JC 49-0

OR 49-14 (49-10 Round 1)

Dobyns Bennet

JC 23-34

OR 28-35

William Blount

JC 19-7 (Round 1)

OR 16-14

As you can see, both teams played their common opposition fairly close. Ill be the first to say that you guys played DB closer than we did. As far as schedules go I think OR had a slightly tougher schedule than JC.

Both teams have lit up the scoreboard, both teams only failed to score 30+ points in three games. Both teams are 2-1 in what Id consider big regular season games, (MTown West, DB, Science Hill) and (DB, McMinn Co, William Blount).

These teams have thier fair share of playoff history between them and against each other as well.

Should be a classic, as far as fans, a JC student section might even not exist at the game, but parents and supporters will be in attendance. I cant wait for this one, it will be a real test for both teams in a high pressure situation.

You DB folk need to hook me up with the address of Big Ed's Pizza and maybe some directions.

Oak Ridge will have little trouble with the Patriots. It may be close for 1-maybe 2 quarters.... but, by the 2nd half, the Wildcats will be in total control.

No question who is the better team, it is not in doubt. Rankings this time of the season are of no importance what-so-ever. Oak Ridge will end the Jeff Co Patriots season on Friday night in the Atomic City and keep up there end of the Re-Match with DB Deal.

OAK RIDGE 27

JEFF CO 14

GOOD LUCK WILDCATS

GIDDY UP!!

It is like 200 yards from the stadium . I don't know street names or the address, I just know you could walk. Here is the address from yahoo along with the phone number

Big Ed's Pizza

101 Broadway Ave

Oak Ridge, TN (865) 482-4885

I called Big Ed's myself and confirmed that if you get to Big Ed's, it is a minute and a half walk to the stadium. So put this address in mapquest and you will have your pizza and the stadium :angry:

Edited by bud

I know the 2 teams very well thank you... I watched both play. One of them got whipped at home by my team as we traveled a long way to watch DB beat again, time after time, the Patriots. A 1 dimensional team that is not very good at stopping a good Passing Attack. Oak Ridge does have that threat available to them. The other team was up on DB 21-0 and was for 1 quarter, the best looking HS Football Team I have ever seen. They got out Coached in the 2nd Half and DB put on a great comeback to win....Jeff Co. does not have the luxury of a Coach who can do that to the Wildcats. There is no doubt who the better team is when you are talking about Oak Ridge and Jeff Co.

It will be a Wildcat Party in Oak Ridge