What about a Public/Public Split

bbsesq

Larry:

Let me put this to you gently... not so!  Collinwood playing those schools is not like JCM playing MBA etc.. because the DII schools offer tuition assistance to athletes, are incredibly well-funded top to bottom, and do not operate under the same set of rules as any DI school.  Collinwood and DCA are subject to the exact same standards set by the TSSAA.

I'll bet my granny's dishes that South Pitts coaching and football boosters budget is more than Ezell's  or Boyd's.  (just kiddin' about the  dishes, granny)

I think my example was perfect. MBA recruits and JCM doesn't. MBA gives financial aid and JCM doesn't. CPA draws from 100s of thousands of people and selects who they WANT and Collinwood draws from 100s of people and takes what they GET. JCM could never beat MBA in their best years. Collinwood can't beat CPA in their best years. JCM will never have to beat MBA. Collinwood should not ever have to beat CPA. Yep, perfect example.

not even worth a response! B)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry:

Let me put this to you gently... not so!  Collinwood playing those schools is not like JCM playing MBA etc.. because the DII schools offer tuition assistance to athletes, are incredibly well-funded top to bottom, and do not operate under the same set of rules as any DI school.  Collinwood and DCA are subject to the exact same standards set by the TSSAA.

I'll bet my granny's dishes that South Pitts coaching and football boosters budget is more than Ezell's  or Boyd's.  (just kiddin' about the  dishes, granny)

I think my example was perfect. MBA recruits and JCM doesn't. MBA gives financial aid and JCM doesn't. CPA draws from 100s of thousands of people and selects who they WANT and Collinwood draws from 100s of people and takes what they GET. JCM could never beat MBA in their best years. Collinwood can't beat CPA in their best years. JCM will never have to beat MBA. Collinwood should not ever have to beat CPA. Yep, perfect example.

not even worth a response! B)

Thank you from all of us. Feel free to make that your standard response in the future.

MBA recruits and JCM doesn't. MBA gives financial aid and JCM doesn't.

JCM could never beat MBA in their best years.

Can you differentiate between "MBA recruits" and "MBA gives financial aid"?

MBA beat JCM 14-10 in 1995. You're right; JCM could never beat MBA.

Oh, wait - the two schools played in 1994, too. 42-0 JCM. Al Wilson is still running for TDs....

MBA recruits and JCM doesn't. MBA gives financial aid and JCM doesn't.

JCM could never beat MBA in their best years.

Can you differentiate between "MBA recruits" and "MBA gives financial aid"?

MBA beat JCM 14-10 in 1995. You're right; JCM could never beat MBA.

Oh, wait - the two schools played in 1994, too. 42-0 JCM. Al Wilson is still running for TDs....

Still running huh?...That`s just too funny rollredroll! B):lol:B)

Thanks for setting Larry straight. :)

Still running huh?...That`s just too funny rollredroll! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If memory serves, he scored on a 60 to 70 yard run on the first play from scrimmage and the rout was on.

The 1995 game (2nd round of the AAAAA playoffs) in Nashville was much more competitive. JCM had some big, fast WRs. MBA was good that year (12-2, lost in the semis to BA), but any observer of the JCM-MBA game that year would have had a hard time saying that MBA had a lot of advantages over JCM in that game.

FWIW, JCM was 4-6 in the regular season that year (1995). They had to face a Christian Brothers team in Round 1 that was 9-1 (only loss was to MBA) and who had beaten mighty South Panola out of Mississippi that year. JCM was certainly able to overcome the myriad of "advantages" CBHS had going into that game.

Edited by rollredroll

Back to my assertion that ELA is applying a different standard to private schools than public. He has stated that BBS should be moved up because there is a competitive imbalance with the teams they play, but that South Pittsburg should not, why I don't know. Look at these facts:

BBS South Pitt

Appearances in playoffs: 6 20

Playoff winning percentage: 68% 71%

Total Games in playoffs: 19 59

Gold balls: 0 3

If you apply a standard based upon competition, it should apply to all teams without regard to their funding status. If you don't, you have a hidden agenda against the team held to the higher standard.

bbsec - South Pittsburg most certainly can be considered open zoned. Any Marion County resident can attend any school in the County, and some even attend Boyd don't they!! I wonder how many Hamilton County residents attend SP, Whitwell, or Marion County?

About SP moving up:

I will guarantee you they will voluntarily move up before Boyd will.