shelbyville playday day 2

lpmarlowe

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mj basketball this year is a young team. so im not understanding bout regulars playing into the 4th quarter. with 4 sophomore a freshman and 2 juniors this is a very young team. i believe the young players need to get some experience where ever they can get it. mj basketball doesnt play freshmen right away usually they gradually work them in to varasity. so i believe coach fryer is an excellent coach and what he does seems to work for him and his program. so if he doesnt play freshmen he has a reason. considering he did go 70-8 of the last couple of years.

it's puzzling how many people get upset at getting beat on a play day. i will just say that the mj girls have spent too many nights running around the ole trackaroo to lose to anyone. and if pressing is your game, then press you must. and with ernest t and popeye the sailor as supporters how could you go wrong. hats off to the hardest working girls in the state of tn and by far the best coaching staff from junior high all the way to high school. Good luck and God bless.

Givbakr2 I see you are not much for coaching or else you would understand Coach Fryers strategy. So I will give you a little insight. First of all Mt. Juliet is known for there press and hard defense. Mt. Juliet not pressing would be as rare as Alicia Clark not having a double-double. You said Hillsboro handled Mt. Juliet early on..That's great you couldn't ask for a better chance to press than in a real game situation when you are down!...Besides if you ask me MJ's coach helped both teams out. Mt. Juliet needed work on their defense so thats what they did. Hillsboro's learning by letting their younger players play against the press.(You can't shield your younger players forever why not start in the preseason.) Hillsboro's record is nothing like Fryer's record. Hillsboro plays no one. and about your comment that Fryer was seeking revenge on the younger players like he is some sort of predator haha I'm not even gonna waste my time on that. -

I started out on this subject just to tease and aggrevate a couple of friends,I wasn't trying to attack all of Wilson Co. and besides I'm always right anyway.

Hillsboro has lost 10 games over the last two years and Frye called off the press

against the starters because it was becoming a layup drill.Nuff said!!!

during camp,teams find the weakness and strengths..that is why they hold them....just because you win there doesnt mean that your destine to win any other time...just just remember,if you beat them at camp,be sure and realize that come regulation play,they will play harder than in camp!!!.

go Bearettes!!!!