girl wrestlers

krnsftblfan30

How many times are we gonna beat this Dead Horse? we basically all agree that it's not good for them to wrestle the guys, and that there should be a seperate female division.

Cookeville, who put female wrestling on the map in TN, will not have a girl wrestle on their HS team this year; Varsity, Freshman, or JV. That should tell you something. there IS a very good one coming next year, but for now, it's a dead issue.

hey you dont have to get your panties in a wod i just found out there was a wrestling forum on here good god. but why dont u think its a good idea? like i was gonna wrestle but there were just some problems and the coach "preffered" that i not wrestle because i was a girl and i thought it was messed up but i just wanna know why its just so bad

Girls wrestling is a great idea. Girls against girls. For a guy to wrestle a girl, it's a lose lose situation. If he wins, Big Deal. If he loses, he'll probably quit before he hears the end of it. I think all states should do what Texas did years ago...make a girls' state tournament and make it an official high school sport. I think the participation would be there for it to work in Tennessee, especially after a few years.

krnsftblfan30, first of all, if you were serious about wrestling, you would be. it wouldnt matter that the coach didnt want you to. you can if you really want to. but i guess ur one of those girls that is just out there to make a statement and prove something, instead of being out there for the love of the sport. the coach prolly doesnt want you on the team because its more work with girls wrestling on the guys teams. more liability, worrying about facilities, weighing, its a lot to look at.

hey, erika no longer wrestles for Soddy. but yes as most have said i believe that there should be a seperate team for girls to wrestle on in high school. and if your school does not have a team than they should be permitted to wrestle for another school that is the closest. Soddy Daisy girls wrestle Red Bank November 20, at 7 at the round gym(Soddy Daisy). should be real fun stuff. i know our girls are getting ready and should be able to hold off red bank as usual.