Price Era Over At Moore County

PowerSoftball

If Price does leave, will the rest of the staff go to?

to gurly or burly or whatever.

Price just led the team to a playoff. right. what is the problem?

This region is not at all weak. There are ten teams in this region. that means that every coach and team in the region has to win every friday. most of the other regions have 6 or 8 teams, some only have 5. so they dont have to win. they can schedule some cupcakes along the way and take a week or so off.

When you have to win every week it is a different and more difficult task.

region 6a is a very competitive region every year and most teams in it are beat up by the end of the year. Coaches in the region are stressed out physically and emotionally with the job at hand. On top of that, they have to teach!!!!!!!!!

judging by your posts you would never make it in this profession.

if you did happen to get in ..........i give you maybe a year.

And then some moron will get on coacht and give you heak and you will recall when you were that moron and what goes around comes around.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to see a film on Moore County's recent game. I know Moore County has a rich tradition, BUT, they did not have the same type players they have had in the past. I have seen Moore County teams in the past that were loaded, and their records proved that. They do not have the same type kids now. I think Coach Price has done a great job with this bunch. Didn't They go 6-4 this year? Not bad. I realize that this is probably not good enough in Moore County, but with the talent they had, they could have easily gone 4-6 or 3-7. Also, they have to play in a region where they have to win every Friday night just to make the playoffs. Obviously, Coach Price has done a great job. I do not know him personally, but it is obvious they won some games that they probably should not have. God Job coach!!

Well as for whether or not Doug is a good coach, I dont know personally. However, I do know that I have watched Moore County football as well as region 6 football for a long time. Through all the glory years of huntland, mc, wc, forrest and even the short run of cwood. They do have a tough region and for those teams that want to go to the playoffs, they must win week in and week out most years to even have a chance. But as for mc lacking in talent I would have to disagree. They still have as much talent as they have ever had. Mac did have a good record but he didnt always have the best talent. He just got the kids prepared. Now, I have watched as MC has steadily gone down hill. Whats the problem.?? I dont know. If I knew then i guess i could become a rich man. However, Mac won and left but he didnt take any kids w/him. Thats against the rules in public school ball. AS for the kids, the talent is still there you just have to get a coach that can get it out of them. Good Luck!!

Coach Price is a great man and a good coach. I played for him a while back and I loved him as coach.

MC is spoiled. 6-5 is a winning record that many teams would like to have. They did make the playoffs. Not the best year, but better than most teams in the state.

I know DP has a lot of support, unfortunately, the nay sayers are the loudest and most annoying. Congratulations DP on a good year. Keep your head up.

You know I was about to really let everyone have it, but forget it. sinjin if not giltner prove it. I was going to tell you but you would't know them anyway. That great 6-5 season yeah, way to go. You creeps say what you will about weak team and strong region. If he stays, it will be the same ole thing, you run him down, then kiss his butt. When some tries to get a new plan you put your tail between your legs and run. So drowned in your own foolish ways. I thought I would never see the day when 6-5 and a first round loss was good. I guess the pride has already gone. You people bash me all you want, I was told I could never do it before by some of the same people, but I guess what I did. I am living my dream, and will remember what yall said in a couple of years. Hide and watch.

Burley, I am not Giltner. Trust me. Pay your 12 dollars for a membership and instant message me and we can talk. I would love to talk to you as an adult instead of the negativity seen on this message board.

Now for the 6 and 5 season. I did not say that was a great season and I will never say it was a great season. Doug Price will tell you the same thing.

What offense do you think could of been used this year that would of been compatable with talent? What type of techniques would you suggest for blocking, defensive alignments?

Come on Burley, anti-up and lets work together for a better Moore County.

Burley, I've really enjoyed seeing that I'm not the only one that thinks that you are just a negative talking blowhard. You say that you wish that you had a college degree so that you could coach. Well guess what, besides coaching, you also get to teach a subject like Chemistry as Doug does, grade tests, and do other teaching duties, mow the practice and playing fields, attend to weight lifting sessions, and several other duties too numerous to mention. Most coaches have classes to teach in addition to coaching. In reading (or trying to read your posts) you can't even construct a decent sentence with all the misspellings, let alone teach a Chemistry class and coach. I agree with sinjin, I too would like to see players numbers who were harmed by playing for Doug. Until you provide some hard evidence, I will continue to refer to you as a negative talking blowhard. GO MOORE COUNTY and DOUG PRICE!!

Burley, I've really enjoyed seeing that I'm not the only one that thinks that you are just a negative talking blowhard. You say that you wish that you had a college degree so that you could coach. Well guess what, besides coaching, you also get to teach a subject like Chemistry as Doug does, grade tests, and do other teaching duties, mow the practice and playing fields, attend to weight lifting sessions, and several other duties too numerous to mention. Most coaches have classes to teach in addition to coaching. In reading (or trying to read your posts) you can't even construct a decent sentence with all the misspellings, let alone teach a Chemistry class and coach. I agree with sinjin, I too would like to see players numbers who were harmed by playing for Doug. Until you provide some hard evidence, I will continue to refer to you as a negative talking blowhard. GO MOORE COUNTY and DOUG PRICE!!

Coaching football is about more than just winning and losing games! All of the things that McGuy spoke about are true. Unfortunately, all that some see are Friday nights and they don't get the "big picture." I think Coach Price has done a good job with his players and I have yet to hear one of his former players get on here and say bad things about him.

If DP is not the head coach next year MC should look outside for the new coach. It will take someone that is willing to stand up to some of the over zealous fans. McCurry had to do this for a couple of years and ended up with a few enemies for it. It still had to be done. Coach Price- as good a guy as he is- had a hard time doing this. (That is only an opinion and is not meant to reflect badly on him.) I do not know Montoye or Christian personally and cannot comment on their abilities to be a head coach, but I think they would be asking for the same headaches DP has been battling. Go outside, bring in fresh faces. Not alumni :D , truly fresh faces. (I am not lobbying for the position.)

You know, I lose my cool too quickly with pricks like weaver, sorry that is my Moore County ed coming out. I am working on my degree, I know there is teaching. That is why I am going to be a teacher to help students who had the same problems I had. I know its not all about football, I was left out in cold in school. I was passed because I was a good student, a pretty good ball player, and respectfull to the teachers.That doesn't help students when they try to get into college. I do not show that on here. I put my heart in that progam, busted my but for 10 years, for what? Nothing. No ring, no personal goals were meet except for 2. Why, Doug did not help me. That is why I have so much hardship toward him. Yes, the personal goals were my duties too, but I held my end up.

Weaver, I would list those players, but I have not got their permisson to do so, I will give you this much, there was 6 of them, 4 on the Raider Wall of Fame.

Sinjin, nothing wrong with wing t and the option, Mc had players out of order. The defense, You can not put a 5'4 db on a 6'3 wideout. It was not all they had. The 5'5 100 pound pull guard, nothing aginst him, he had heart but he got decked too many times. Teams singled him out and smeared him. I felt bad he had to go through that.

I am not posting anymore about this, so say what you will, do whatever. Mcguy I will catch out somewhere and we will talk.

OPTION 1 Moore County Football

OPTION 2 Doug Price

If you really love Moore County football option 1. If you want to be very average and never compete for a state championship select option 2. MCGuy, Sinjin or anyone else, you decide and thats the facts jack! MOORE COUNTY FOOTBALL needs a new coaching staff! Like it or not! I Real True Blue RAIDER fans support the team and whats best for them not the coach.