Northwest v Stratford

bird

Northwest v Stratford

This game might be a track meet. Whoever has the ball last may win. I think both teams will have trouble tackling each other. The kicking game might be huge this game. Being an old district 10-AAA member of years gone by, I hope that Northwest will pull it out. I think their kids deserve a little success after years and years of constant losing. Obviously their coaches have a done a great job with this particular group of kids. But, their are concerns, and I am sure that the coaches and players of Stratford have great motivation after hearing Northwest's coach on the call in show Friday night and what he said in the Tennessean Saturday morning. You have to win graciously and give the credit to the kids. Too many I's in his conversations. It was a big topic of conversations among Middle Tennessee coaches this weekend. I hope it does not come back and bite Northwest. Keep working hard and do not give Stratford or any other team bulletin board material. Again, good luck to both teams. I hope both teams are in good shape, because their might not be any tackling going on in this game, just long sprints to the endzone. Go Vikes! lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did the football scoreboard station switch to classical music?

I cut it on Friday night to check some scores. All I heard was some opera singer singing Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me.

Gave up, disgusted. Had to get up early anyway Saturday morning to get a haircut. Went to the barber in Seville County.

Wiseguy,

I did not know what to think while I was listening and reading. I guess you can call it tooting your own horn. I just know that I could not believe what I heard and read. There is no telling what was printed in the "leaf". Everyone knows that the coaches over at Northwest have finally gotten something out of the talent at NW this year. That is great! I don't know, I always grew up learning to be humble in defeat and gracious in winning. Also, in a win, give the credit to your players and assistants. When you lose, take the blame. Not bashing, I'm proud of what NW has accomplished. I can remember back in the day (long time ago), the teams I played on had no business being on the same football field, gym floor, or diamond as NW, but we never lost to them. They may have actually gotten over the "Clarksville Syndrome" in Northwest. The Ole' Heads know what I am talking about. I just do not want Northwest's kids to suffer because of what a coach may say to the media and while in the spotlight. Again, good luck Northwest.

I agree with apsugov,

Do not change anything on the field. I look forward to the game Friday night. The kids at NW are finally playing with a sense of urgency, and it is great to watch, especially since their was almost no athletics in Montgomery County this year. I just hope they win with class. They have agreat chance of winning Friday night. I believe it is better to be seen and not heard. Good Luck NW.

Congrats to all of Montgomery Co. this year... they made the season that almost didnt happen, a very memorable one. Northeast will be at the game this Friday to help support NW. Good Luck to y'all ..... coach m..... NE coulda been there to a couple years ago too if you woulda let me throw with ray ray and Mia in the backfield :D but congrats on your success this year. you really helped turn NW around.

Northwest ... your head coach is an embarassment. He brags on himself and taunts opponents. He needs to stay off the radio talking about himself. HE AIN"T DONE DIDDLEY. He was handed a talented team that he has allowed to act atrociously. No one should ever wonder why the assistant coaches and players act as they do, it's very clear. NO LEADERSHIP. NO INTEGRITY. NO CLASS. It's obvious he is not a winner, because he has no clue as to how to act after a win. Coach Patterson (previous head coach at NW) had class and his teams played with class. Where did this clown come from? He will get his. Hope it's this Friday night.

P.S. It wasn't real smart to tick Stratford off! ;)