Morristown West vs. Tennessee High

ctsports

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this is in the books.

no one from Upper East Tennessee seems to think otherwise

I think its just not no one cares.There are no TH people on here and not a whole lot of West folks.

The only way West doesnt win this is if they get caught looking ahead. This very well could be the year that the Trojans beat Maryville but it wont be a year they win state. The 4A West/Middle TN teams are too tough.

I don't agree, I never think the West TN Teams are too tough. The east every year beats up on one another. I do think TN High has a chance of beating MWest. If West gets caught looking ahead and is again over confident in the play-offs they will not get a crack Maryville, shouild Maryville get to the fourth round. Maryville must beat a good Chat cent team and a very good Knox Cent team, twice in the same season. This is ofcourse if Knox Cent does beat Knox West, a big rivial game. I do think Maryville will find ways to win these games even though this team is not as deep or talented as years past. Beating the teams to the West is another story this year.

I think that West should win this one. The only question is can they beat Greeneville twice in one year? I remember a couple of years ago when Mo West beat Gville in the regular season, but couldn't do it in the playoffs.

The same goes for some other matchups like Knox Central vs. Knox West, and the winner of than game and Maryville. There could be some interesting games, and some possible upsets.

West shouldn't have a problem w/ tennessee high, they haven't in the past and i don't anticipate it this year w/ west's strong team. Everybody has talked about how weak region one was this year (even weaker than 2... wow) so i really can't imagine that TN high is really prepared for the competition they have coming up having only played a pretty good science hill team (although i'm not sure how good the VA school is, they could be serious competition too). So i'm saying west big in this one b/c they won't be caught looking ahead, they remember the close games b/w these 2 schools in the past couple years and they know to take this year one game at a time... close into half, blowout in 2nd half

West - 38

TN - 10

and west can beat greeneville twice in one season, they've done it 2 straight years since that ONE loss to them in the playoffs, they've won 7 of the last 8 b/w these schools, west can name how many more they want, greenway or no, they pull out another victory over the devils should both teams make it like we all expect