Morristown West vs. Tennessee High

ctsports

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mo-Town West's defense is the best ive seen this season and there offense is running on all cylinders. West BIG in this one.

West-42

TN High-14

Really, you don't get out of Morristown much do you? MWest gives up about 11 points a game and the past six opponents combined record is 29-35. Even though MWest ran the table on these losing teams does not mean they are a defensive power in my view. I think Tn High will give them all they want. Should be a good game, West by 7. Good luck to both teams.

FBE-you get out of Maryville much?

If you did you would realize that the Trojans first Team defense has only given up about 35 points, the entire season. 14 of those coming on bomb passes.

No one has drove on them with any success and just because your a hater don't think you know more than you do.

You just need to stay in Maryville and see your boys through their games.

Tennessee High will get DE-Cleated on Friday in Morristown my friend.

35-7 and that is only if Woods puts in the second team defense near the end.

Paraphrasing UT's Chavis commenting on looking past MS State, KY, and Vandy and on to playing in the SEC championship..."The only prize I'm concerned about right now is Mississippi State."

That's the type of focus that West has. Not next week or beyond but just Tennessee. One of the issues that the Trojans need to address right now, however, is the number of penalties that were called against them in the South game. You can't have those penalties against the top teams and expect to win. Hopefully, Coach Woods and the assistant coaches will have that problem fixed come Friday.

Morristown%20West.gif

Edited by randy3116

West will have to play away next week if they win!

Check the brackets

This is way early but IF Morristown West is fortunate to win they won't have to go on the road: This is copied from the TSSAA website, you can check it out if you want check the last sentence.:

In all play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall the the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals. However, in the third round if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

American General Mr. Football® Award Finalists

West will have to play away next week if they win!

Check the brackets

Nope. That only held true if a Region 1 team (i.e.: Elizabethton or S. Central) came out of that bracket. TSSAA rules state that if both quarter-final teams are from the same region, the higher seeded team will be the home team. Thanks to Cherokee and Greeneville, West will have home field advantage as long as they keep playing (excluding Murfreesboro).

Morristown%20West.gif

Well i finally got to see my trojans last week against Sullivan South, and as I expected they are just as good as in years past. West DOES have one of the top defenses in TN highschool football. And the 'O' is established a good running game with some break away speed. This upcoming game against TN High is always a good game. If West can cut down on the penalties in this one, I see West winning big, and I don't see it a problem beating Greenville or Cherokee again.

West 35

TN High 14

West shouldn't have a problem w/ tennessee high, they haven't in the past and i don't anticipate it this year w/ west's strong team. Everybody has talked about how weak region one was this year (even weaker than 2... wow) so i really can't imagine that TN high is really prepared for the competition they have coming up having only played a pretty good science hill team (although i'm not sure how good the VA school is, they could be serious competition too). So i'm saying west big in this one b/c they won't be caught looking ahead, they remember the close games b/w these 2 schools in the past couple years and they know to take this year one game at a time... close into half, blowout in 2nd half

West - 38

TN - 10

and west can beat greeneville twice in one season, they've done it 2 straight years since that ONE loss to them in the playoffs, they've won 7 of the last 8 b/w these schools, west can name how many more they want, greenway or no, they pull out another victory over the devils should both teams make it like we all expect

West better be ready.....or an a__ wooooping will happen.