Brentwood Academy at Christian Brothers

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

For those of you faithful enough to post when you got home from Memphis....That's awesome. So how big are some of those CBHS guys? They made it very difficult for our Defensive line all night. My take on the BA game is this. BA looks like world beaters for the first half. After that, they come out flat and let CBHS back into the game by fumbles and poor play. Part of that is that CB is a quality team with quality players but a big part was poor execution on BA's part. That kind of second half play on Saturday will put them on the outside looking in. They have to come out with more intensity next week and I'd be shocked if they don't put together 4 good quarters.

That game promises to be a war.

I can't leave without mentioning the incredible lack of support that the CBHS team received from their students during the game. They had 300 or so on our side of the field in the endzone goofing off and checking out girls while their team was in the game of their life just a few feet away. Their team deserved more support than that for the incredible season they had.

There was a point there in the second quarter where some fan momentum just might have helped these guys make a real game of it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you faithful enough to post when you got home from Memphis....That's awesome. So how big are some of those CBHS guys? They made it very difficult for our Defensive line all night. My take on the BA game is this. BA looks like world beaters for the first half. After that, they come out flat and let CBHS back into the game by fumbles and poor play. Part of that is that CB is a quality team with quality players but a big part was poor execution on BA's part. That kind of second half play on Saturday will put them on the outside looking in. They have to come out with more intensity next week and I'd be shocked if they don't put together 4 good quarters.

That game promises to be a war.

I can't leave without mentioning the incredible lack of support that the CBHS team received from their students during the game. They had 300 or so on our side of the field in the endzone goofing off and checking out girls while their team was in the game of their life just a few feet away. Their team deserved more support than that for the incredible season they had.

There was a point there in the second quarter where some fan momentum just might have helped these guys make a real game of it.

CBHS earned the comeback by some very tough play. BA came out a bit flat in the second half, and CBHS is good enough to take advantage of that. Turnovers are turnovers, and I'm just glad it was 3-3 instaed of 8-2!!

I noticed the same thing about all the students goofing around past the end zone...they looked like younger kids and middle schoolers mostly.

Congratulations to the Eagles on avenging their only regular season loss at Christian Brothers. Kudos to the Purple Wave for an excellent season as well.

This starts the countdown to yet another classic gridiron matchup between MBA and BA. I'll guarantee you the fans on both sides will be on pins and needles all week. To quote Mills Lane "Let's get it on!"

Christian Brothers was the cheapest team i have seen this year... After almost every play someone was getting pushed back down, or choke, or kneed or anything you could think of. Starting in the second half, the refs started called personal fouls on those actions, and it really hurt CBHS. The fans of CB were also very rude and out of control. Walking by the BA section with both hands flashing the middle finger up and yelling almost any curse words imaginable... They couldnt handle the RED GANG (in memory of the chain gang) and they had to respond to their loss with anger and harsh language. BA--good win-- i love to see the glass you guys have...

I was very impressed with the size of CBHS linemen. However their linebackers and secondary were very small. BA was up 21-0 at half and dominating the brothers. I als noticed a lack of class by several players and supporters for CBHS. It is funny how you can not seem to find these people on here after they get whipped. Great job BA and I think there are no "controversies" over this win!

There was no turnover scapegoat or bad officiating(at least until late in the game), BA came to Memphis and beat CB last night. You guys have a great team and you deserved to win. The game was awesome, and I wish you guys luck next week in Nashville

Brothers15:

I've enjoyed your posts this season. You are a gentleman

and represent your team well. CBHS didn't let the first half

shut them down. They came out with determination and made

the second half memorable.

As a BA fan, I am looking forward to the rematch with MBA.

P.S. 5Eagleball, tone it down. Winners win with class.

jek, thanks for the compliment. The season was a great one even if the outcome Friday night was rather disheartening. You guys have great team, and you showed a lot of class (something one or two of our guys could learn a little about). CBHS finally showed some fight, but it wasn't enough to overcome early mistakes and STUPID personal foul penalties. Once again, good luck to you guys in Nashville.