Girl Wrestlers, who has them?

FludDanzr21

What schools do have one or more girls on their teams? I'm not talking about teams like Soddy and Red Bank that have a separate thing for girls and they wrestle each other like a powderpuff. I'd like to know which ones have them on the team with the guys. The only ones i can think of right now are Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure of all the girls names but I belive several teams have girls wrestlers.

McMinn Central 2 (one from last year and a new girl)

Seymore 1 (great wrestler, good skills)

Sequoyah 2 (a first year team)

Greenback had 2 last year. ( I am not sure if they are wrestling this year)

I seen some more last year in highschool but I do not know where they were from.

We saw several girls this and last summer wrestling. We wrestled AAU and

USA in Georgia. AAU and USA in Georgia has no prob letting the girls wrestle. USA in Georgia has made a all girls bracket at some meets but they get to wrestle in both.

Wrestlers are Wrestlers, male or female

Michael Morelan

Yes TrophyHunter,

We still have Maranda Morlan (sophomore sister to our heavy weight from last year, Ian Morlan). But the other two gurls arent wrestling. One granduated, and the other is our manager. And yeah, we did get a GREAT coach, Brian Gosset. And because we got our new coach, a lot of ppl came out this year, including me. We went from the 8 or 9 last year to 20-25 this year.

• 3 weeks later...

CloudDrakan,

Miranda is at 109 lbs last night. We are not sure where she will wrestle. She

is trying to win the 112 class to wrestle for Central, If she doesnt win that spot

She will prob cut to 103 like she was last year. She will have a difficult time

making 103,, she is 1 1/2 inchs taller this year and spent a lot of time running this

fall. ( nothing there too lose) We have a new coach( Brian Gossett) and he has

Miranda very motivated as is the rest of Central's team. Our team has went

from 4 kids 3 years ago to 24 last night. 16 are freshman and sophmores.

Michael Morelan

Edited by morelanmn