DOBYNS BENNETT VS OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

Oak Ridge,

It will be an HONOR to play you guys again. Much Respect.

How bout them Indians!!!

How bout them Wildcats!!!

It will be an honor to play you guys as well. Kingsport DB is a very classy program. Very Classy. Should be a great one, look forward to the two best and classiest programs in East Tennessee meeting once again. Good luck to the Tribe. Congrats on McMinn Co. game was hoping for this rematch.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now seen both teams play, and I have to say Oak Ridge impressed me more. Dobyns Bennett has a great offense, but the defense had a few problems. Oak Ridge had the complete team when my high school played them (mcminn county). I would love to see this game, but im not driving 3 hours again! Good luck to both schools

Art,

Yes, Stanton Stevens (A-E Coach) is young, but a fine young coach.

I know that Corey has had several colleges showing interest. Earlier in the year, I was hearing about a possibility for a full ride at Marshall. I think now though he is getting some looks from other schools. I have questioned all along if his size will get in the way. He did surpass Shawn Summers for the career touchdowns this season, but he played four years versus Shawn's 3 years. He needed 116 yards to take over the career yardage record coming in to tonight. I don't know how many he wound up with, but he left early, when he had some problems with a previously injured shoulder. Gulmire stepped up and filled his shoes.

Also, FYI.. James Mitchell, #44, a linebacker broke the record for most tackles in a career. Get this.. he's only a Junior.

Get Ready for the largest Oak Ridge crowd to come there in years, (I hope).

Best of Luck in this upcoming game of East Tennessee Football Titans.

Roll Wildcats Roll!

You are correct in your assessment of Coach Stevens. The middle backer, #44, is areal ballplayer and will be a large key to Oak Ridge winning this game. He must stop #32. Also, OR should lock #19 on to DB #1. Let #17 get after the QB. DB is a good team, but they cannot handle someone running right at them. Good luck to both teams.

After playing both of them this year, I would have to go with DB. I felt like DB's RB was harder to tackle than Booker and Gulmire were. DB's offense is wide open and one if its great assets is its variety. They can do anything with the ball. They were bad, and I didn't even mention their stinging defense. I would have to go with DB on this one.

Jpatt spotted... headed toward Church Hill..

Hey Wildcat fans... I remember back after the Sept game that some of the OR Fans were not to happy with the 2nd Half play selections and the last drive clock management. OR lost alot of precious seconds during that last possesion. Man, they had it set up too. A long KO Return from a squib kick and OR was in business around the DB 40 with close to a min. to go, and a TO. I think OR got 3 plays off during that time, and the TO wasted.

Does Head Coach Bruce Lussier have strong support inside the Community? He has a great record (49-11) since taking over from The All-Time Winningest Coach in OR History, Joe Gaddis (119-24). That is a tough act to follow. And, I am curious about the coaching change.Gaddis was at OR for 11 years. How did the coaching change come about? Just curious.

I miss counted the record in this series... DB has won 7 out of the last 10, not 8. Sorry about that.

This game always means something big.....

DB has ended OR Season with Playoff losses in '97,98,'00, & '01

Or put DB out in '99.

Enjoy the week FOOTBALL FANS!!

THE GREATEST GAME IN THE STATE IS COMING

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!