Sweetwater Coaching

swildcatfan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank,I wasnt there but most times when you get beat 41-13 its not Coaching its just diffrent talent levels. But thats just a guess. Tank have a good day... :angry:

You know, the talent level wasn't that much different in my opinion. As nuts as it sounds, Sweetwater was just as good as Alcoa I thought. They do have a few more weapons though, but I thought Sweetwater should have played much closer. One of those old, worn out cliches "The score didn't indicate how close the game was."

But the Tornadoes are offensively scary right now. Good luck to Oliver Springs, hope the senior leadership and running game can lift them to the fourth round.

Oh, see you Wednesday night! :D

Tank-You said it in your last post about the tallent its about the same but the score did not reflect it. You did not see Alcoa's weapons setting on the sidelines did you? Moore had big plays for the cats all season but he only touched the ball on punts that were not returnable. If you can't throw it to him hand it to him. And as far as before the half Dustin is not going to break a 70 yard run against Alcoas speed it would have to be Jam or Jeffery. I will give Alcoa credit they played a good game and I will pull for the winner of os and alcoa in the finals. In a playoff game why would you have Dustin and Jeffery on the bench during defense. Alcoa beat a good under coached Sweetwater team.

It is easy to coach a game that is already over. Sweetwater coaches obviously made the decision to take away the run. When I saw single coverage on the wide outs with no deep support I knew Alcoa would be forced to try to exploit it. Perhaps Sweetwater thought they could control the ball for long periods of time, which they did, and count on Alcoa to make mistakes in the passing game, which they did. As successful as Alcoa's passing game was there were several dropped passes and a couple of overthrown balls. Don't forget it was close deep in the third quarter when Sweetwater scored to pull back within a touchdown. The problem was when Alcoa scored another touchdown and with time running out Sweetwater had to try to pass to catch up, something they obviously struggled with.

What do you guys think about the Alcoa - Oliver Springs match up? I think it will be a similar type of game. I would expect OS to run the ball much like Sweetwater did. The question is will Alcoa be able to generate enough offense against a good OS defense.

The score didn't indicate how close the game was, the score was within one td in the 3rd quarter! Play your best players! Coaches don't have to respond to fans, but why would you not have Jeffery in the secondary? It just makes absolutly no sense at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fastest player on the team, one of the best players in the secondary(not only on the team, but in the area), and the height to go up and get the ball against their receivers? I don't expect an answer on coacht, but I sure would like one in person? Please!

swildcat1967-Your dreaming there is no way they will tell you why they threw that game by having there best cover man on the bench. I agree with you about him being one of the best around. Look back on the season there was only one pass completed on him and that was in the Rockwood game. Most of the teams will not even throw his way. I can count on won hand how many times he had been thrown at all year. They would not even throw to 6 foot 4 J. Jones from Sequoyah when Moore was on him. DJ from Os did not even look his way. And when he is on the field and someone does catch it you can bet your butt he will run them down. The coaches decision made no sense at all. I feel sorry for the senoirs(and the rest)that worked so hard all year and they go play a passing team with Moore on the bench. There was not one player on Alcoa's team that could go 70 yards with Moore chasing. Coach Rhodes I know you know better than that what got in to you.

I have no earthly idea why we stopped runnin the ball!!! when malichi was running he was gettin 8 or 9 yards a carry!!!! and when dustin got in he was gettin more than that!! everyone in the area know we can't pass. When you find something that works you do it.we have completed like 5 passes all year long.we were told in the locker room " as long as we can run it we will not throw it" so much for that. I think it is 1 coaches mistake and he acts like he is 10 years old. When coaches have to correct and ask another coach to calm down somethings wrong. he had players cryin on the sidelines. He favors several players and if you are not one of them i feel sorry for ya. thats one of the reasons he has a tight end playin x reciever. i really did not want to lose that game and when we were runnin the score was 6-6 and as soon as we passed it became out of hand very very quick!!!!!!!!!