CPA vs. DCA

BUBBA61

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that both DCA and CPA are fine ballteams and that this thread is for them. There are other threads to talk about the upcoming Boyd/S.Pitt game.

Congratulations DCA on a tough win tonight.

Congratulations CPA on a fine run even with all the odds stacked against you this season.

Edited by Baldcoach

I agree with everything that has been said. CPA played a very good game tonight and it was a very tough game. CPA is a very fine school and has a very class act. I am surprised at how they were able to get to this point through all of the struggles they've had this season.

They had a heck of a season, but tonight just wasn't their night. They played their hearts out, but seemed to turnover the ball whenever they got a real good drive. CPA had very good sportsmanship and really made the game a great one.

DCA played mistake free football, with the exception of 2 or 3 penalties, and made big plays when they needed them. CPA turns the ball over 3 times on drives where they were really clicking, and stops themselves. In spite of it all, the Lions made a game of it, and have nothing to be ashamed of. I feel for the seniors. Unless you are the state champs, the last game is always a bummer. With CPA's talented junior class, I feel great about them rebounding next year.

I definitely want to thank all the CPA players and coaches for a season that was full of emotion and heart. In Hollywood, after forfeiting several games due to an honest administration mistake and self confessing, the team would go on and win State (possibly even the Superbowl if the Director is real cheesy). However this is not Hollywood, but I pray that everything that happened this season will still remain a key part of them for the rest of their lives. Thank you Coach Pack for showing our whole school (and us parents) the value of integrity.

All of us at CPA knew the 35-14 score two weeks ago was a lot closer than first impressions might indicate. That night, all the miscues went CPA's way. Last night it was the opposite way round. There has always been a great relationship between DCA and CPA administrations and I would like to thank DCA for being great hosts both times this season.

As I was leaving, I did see Chris Wooden limping and being assisted back to the locker rooms. I read in the paper that he hyper extended his knee. I certainly hope he is OK as DCA are going to need him. On a positive note, I noted he was laughing and smiling so apparently it was not a major concern to him. He had a great evening last night running for nearly 300 yards compared to 18 yards three weeks ago. He defintely turned it up a notch (or two, or three).

Congratulations to DCA - a class act, well coached and great players who learned from their first loss to CPA that a good team can come back from defeat.

CPA & DCA could probably play ten times and each win 5. In games with 2 great closely matched teams, the team making the most mistakes usually loses. That is what happened last night.

DCA: Muffed FG and a couple of big penalties. Otherwise played pretty mistake free.

CPA: - Dropped a TD pass

- fumbled on 1st down on DCA's 2

-offsides on a missed FG, giving DCA a second chance which they scored on

- fumbled after a 40 yard pass for a 1st down

- got a 15 yard penalty on 3rd down after making the 1st down stopping a drive

- got a bad call on a long DCA pass which was incomplete but called complete setting up the 3rd DCA TD.

The above is not taking anything away from DCA. They played great and deserved to win. CPA picked a bad time to make a lot of mistakes against a talented, fired up team.

I have watched CPA play for 12 years, against some great teams (Ezell, Trousdale, Boyd, Riverdale, Goodpasture, etc.) and Wooden's performance was the best individual performance I have ever seen considering the importance of the game and the quality of the opponent. He would not be denied. He was hit hard, stopped for no gain or a loss several times, but kept coming back and getting yards when DCA needed it. I'm glad he and Landers are juniors. They will be favorites for Mr. Football backs next year.

Congratulations, DCA and Ezell. Either one of you will represent Region 5 well and, I believe, will win the state.