SYCAMORE BOYS B-BALL

pattiemc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore lost a key player(sal zavala)this week,he was a big part of there offense.Although he is gone the team took part in a scrimmage the other day against david lipscomb and won,while they were currently 2-2 i belive when sal was on the team.Syacmore is still a very dangerous team and will always be a competitor in the district and region.As always they will hae trouble when the get out of the district and region finals.If sycamore has key players step up they will be fine> THey have a solid junior core and if the step up they will be fine.THey still have good seniors in true pierce and tinch.The key to sycamore's season lies in two players,Dustin watts who is an excelent shooter,and josh rives who is all around good player.These two,if they can get there confidence up,can prove to be the key in sycamore's hopes for a winning season.

I heard they Sycamore beat a very good David Lipscomb team by 9 points thursday in a scrimmage????

Sycamore has greatly improved over the past couple of weeks. Yes, they did beat David Lipscomb by 9. With the loss of Vann someone had to step up this year and by the looks of it Logan Pierce will do nicely. Pierce had 30-35 points against Lipscomb. I wasn't at the scrim but it sounds like they have finally found thier rythm. Sycamore might become more and more dangerous as the year goes on.

swamp,

Sal left to goto Harpeth, nobody really knows why. I KNOW that thier coach is going to try and get him before he even gets through the door. Does anybody know if he is going to play there?

Sycamore didn't beat Lipscomb...Lipscomb beat themselves. They gave up too much middle penetration which allowed Sycamore's big guy to score at will...that's the last time you'll see Lipscomb play the D they played I hope...Lipscomb also had tons of stupid fouls that they shouldn't of committed and I doubt you'll see that again...but for the record Sycamore did beat Lipscomb...it was close until the end when Lipscomb had to start fouling and that's when Sycamore pulled away.

Sycamore didn't beat Lipscomb...Lipscomb beat themselves. They gave up too much middle penetration which allowed Sycamore's big guy to score at will...that's the last time you'll see Lipscomb play the D they played I hope...Lipscomb also had tons of stupid fouls that they shouldn't of committed and I doubt you'll see that again...but for the record Sycamore did beat Lipscomb...it was close until the end when Lipscomb had to start fouling and that's when Sycamore pulled away.

I have never understood the phrase of a team beating themselves. What did they do score in the wrong basket? 99% of the time when a team has a bad game is when they are playing a really good team. So obviously this Sycamore team must be pretty good. Somebody told me that Sycamore's big guy could drive and finish very well in the paint. Any info on Sycamore's big guy?

Sycamore War Eagles are gonna be good this year. Coach Barry Jones will have this team ready to compete for the district title and maybe even the region title once again. Dustin Watts is probably the front-runner for Class AA Mr Basketball. This kid is so good it's amazing. Why is his name not mentioned among D-1 schools? Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Memphis, maybe even big name schools like Indiana and Duke should make the trip to Pleasant View and see what all the fuss is about. THIS KID IS THE REAL DEAL! District 10, watch out, Sycamore don't play.