itzme

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be one heck of a game, and probably just as close as the first one. Both teams will be highly motivated as a team can be. Not only for a state championship, but also against your arch rival, and a rematch of a very controversial regular season matchup. Motivation is pretty equal on both sides, I would think.

The people who are coming on here and stating that MBA will just roll through this one clearly did not watch the last contest, n or do they understand the motivation pushing both teams, not just one. Once again, it will be BA's power running game against MBA's diversified offense. Both defenses are solid as can be. One big turnover late in the game was the difference last time around, and it might be that way again.

My pick...BA 23 MBA 20. ...perhaps in overtime. :ph34r:

I really hope that everyone reading this post that has the oppurtunity attends this game. This will be a historic state championship game. There's nothing being held back on either side. I hope to look and see that the Dudley Field's stands are full. I'm not going to make a prediction. This will be a war on the field.

Will this game be televised?

The answer is no and yes. It will be televised online through SparkCast and will have the Clinic Bowl Network's audio track.

There will also be a free live audio stream via TSSAA.org and CoachT.Com.

This should be a really awesome game. To tell you the truth, the AA and AAA games may be the most hotly contested state titles in Tennessee.

This game pits two schools with no love lost between them and it should be a dogfight.

MBA 17, BA 16

I am so jealous of commish and reb for getting the chance to call this game.

Edited by wildcatfan

Well "FLIP", you guys are making it seem like this is the second coming and Jesus and Satan are going to square off on Saturday night.

Thoughts.....

On Rivalry:

Yes, I would consider this a rivalry game. Even though MBA is Brentwood's biggest rival, those of us that have been around to enjoy the history of MBA football still look to the Irish as our biggest rival. Yes, I know that Ryan has taken a step or two back, but it is still my favorite game of the year. Don't get me wrong, I still love to watch the boys on the Hill square off against Brentwood, but I do not consider them our biggest rival.

This matchup:

It will be very interesting to watch how both teams respond. Coach Flatt called one of his best games that I have seen him call in the last meeting. I am sure that he will call another great game Saturday night. MBA played a solid game as well last time, but made critical errors at critical moments of the contest. I think this contest comes down to the basic two factors of most wins: establishing the run game and turnovers. In addition, a huge contributing factor will be whichever team is looser at game time. I have seen Brentwood teams and coaches in the past be very uptight when playing MBA.

I think that Brentwood will be too strong up front and establish the run early. If that happens, it will be a long night for the Big Red. MBA can win if they play smarter and execute their game plan.

In case your wondering, my money is on Jesus when the afore-mentioned battle takes place.

Fly By: You said:

"On Rivalry:

Yes, I would consider this a rivalry game. Even though MBA is Brentwood's biggest rival, those of us that have been around to enjoy the history of MBA football still look to the Irish as our biggest rival. Yes, I know that Ryan has taken a step or two back, but it is still my favorite game of the year. Don't get me wrong, I still love to watch the boys on the Hill square off against Brentwood, but I do not consider them our biggest rival."

Rest assured that MBA is BA's biggest rival, bar none. I think most of the Big Red players probably circle BA on the schedule as well.

Sportsguy1976, if you're out there I would love to hear your opinion. Will BA pull out another "garbage win," as you like to call them? It's fine if you want to pick MBA, though. We didn't need ya against CBHS!

Just playing with you. I'm a prospective journalist and admire your forthrightness. I just disagree with it a lot of the time. :lol:

GO EAGLES!!!!!