TYNER VS. LIPSCOMB: OFFICIAL THREAD

windtalker

Ok. I am not a football player, but I have seen both Lipscomb and Tyner play this season. I was at the one game that Tyner lost this season, to McCallie, and also I was at the Lipscomb-GP game. From the way I saw it, Lipscomb will win this Friday. NO way can Tyner keep up with their athletes. After seeing Tyner get run over by a team like McCallie, who ended up 4th in DII after loosing to MBA last weekend and having a pretty mediocre season, the rams cannot compete with a team such as Lipscomb. Who may have inflated heads, but thats all for good reason. They are a respectable football program and deserve some respect. Not that they work any harder than any other team out there, but they have their game together this season after loosing quite a few seniors. (I'm not sure how many) But after seeing both teams play, I'm giving it to Lipscomb, and I'm not going to take a bet on the score.

ok that was tyners first game of the year, for mccallie, it was their second so they already had a game under their belts and could shake off some of the summer rust, the only reason tyner didn't win that game also was because of turnovers, you can't say tyner is going to lose this game on friday just because they lost the first game of the season to a pretty good mccallie team, that is just ridiculous

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, this ought to be a great HS football game. I've seen Lipscomb play 5 times this year and have not seen Tyner. However, I have read about Tyner's team and games. So here is a quick analysis.

Coaching - Even (Both teams consistently make the playoffs, so both are apparently doing something right).

OL - Tyner (Size and seed)

DL - Tyner (ditto)

QB - Lipscomb (Fast, quick, good arm, consistent)

Backs - Lipscomb (Faster, quicker, stronger than what people expect)

D-backs - Even

Kickers/punter - Lipscomb (This may be the difference in the game).

Common opponents - Even

Looks like a pretty even game. Both teams will be ready for they know they will be watching the rest of the playoffs from home. As always, turnovers will be a major factor. If one team turns the ball over two or more times, they will probably lose.

Lipscomb doesn't think they will just walk away with this one (at least you better not think so. Last years game was 372 days ago, its history). However, they are undefeated at this time. Tyner hasn't lost since season opener. Give each team the respect they deserve. Some of you have been predicting blowouts. I just don't see it. Good luck to both teams.

"The Lord despises pride; be assured that the proud will be punished." prov 16:5

Signed Khopkins (sorry Bubba)

B) Alright both of these teams are good. But lets face it Lipscomb has had an incredible season. It will be a great game to watch. Close the whole way through, but I think the Mustangs will come out on top. Yeah Tyner has some big guys, but as long as Lipscomb plays their game they are sure to win it. Lipscomb's football players look like they have their heart into winning this game. they want to go all the way. The head game is sometimes better than the physcical game.

Safe traveling Valentine!

Is there a way to enter the stadium and avoid coming down the home side steps? I'm asking because we're bring some grandparents and those steps present a challenge for them.

Enter the stadium from the parking lot off of Ty-Hi drive. That'll put you at the south ticket gate. No stairs.

Enjoy the game!