OCCHS

freshreb74

I read the paper tonight about the game and have sat through most of these past 2 years of sickening games. Won, what 9 last year and 5 this year, but oh yeah, but only lost by 8 or sometimes 2. Some of us at O.C. refuse to accept losing. Talk after the game and at work like all year was the same. Why this and why that? He acted like he wanted to lose not playing some of the players. Maybe he was ready for another vacation. We all know by now about his work ethic, but in most lines of work if you're too lazy for the job you get fired. This doesn't have to do with Whitby anymore, it's just because we remember how it was before Whitby came and that's where the program is heading. The program is going to get so bad no one will want to coach at Central.

The paper said the players were uninterested, unispired, and showed no emotion. It's obvious the players don't respect him and he's too eat up with himself. But this goes with having an arrogant coach who needs to face the fact that he's the one that stinks. We all know about the half _ _ _ practices, the big 4 or 5 practices this summer, and no practices after school. This isn't fair to these kids and the ones coming up. His comments on the radio sounded just like the ones last year.

People are starting to see why all the other guys quit. Maybe they got tired of all this, his big talk, and his double standards. If what you're doing isn't working maybe you need to change your awesome game plan. We sit and watch guys do good and then the next game they don't even play. Certain ones get a pat on the back and others yanked right out. Guess what, it's not working! You can tell there's no love lost between all the players and this coach. He needs to wake up and put his ego and personal grudges aside and act like an adult. You have to earn their respect which he hasn't done yet.

And Phil Green as far as your comments on these players, you need to get your nose out of the coach's _ _ _ so you can see better. We all know these players and what they are capable of doing. And yes that was you that posted the message about the players when you got mad and then regreted it. I guess if he does stay around here you'll be blaming it on our kids too.

We were all mad at work last night about all this crap and we will go to the school board or whoever we need to, so we can complain about this crap. All I can tell you players is that I am sorry it had to be you guys. But there is a lot of mad people that are going to at least try and do something about this.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: TITIANSNO1

FOR YOUR INFORMATION - I CAN SEE JUST FINE AND HAVE NEVER HAD MY

HEAD OR ANYTHING ELSE, UP ANYBODY'S BUTT!

A SUGGESTION - YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE!! OR

ATLEAST VISIT THE PERSON WHO MAKES & ENFORCES THE RULES AT OCCHS!

TO OPEN A GYM, WEIGHT ROOM, MULTI-PURPOSE BUILDING, BASEBALL - SOFTBALL FIELD, FOOTBALL FIELD, BAND ROOM, OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL CLASSROOM - A FULLTIME, CERTIFIED TEACHER MUST BE PRESENT AT ALL

TIMES WHILE STUDENTS ARE USING THE AREA. ""THERE IS NO OPEN GYM ALLOWED ANYMORE"" THE GYM USAGE IS SHARED BETWEEN SEVERAL OTHER TEAMS AND ORGANIZATIONS. PERMISSION AND SUPERVISON IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIME'S OR IT'S A VILOATION OF THE OCCHS SECURITY POLICY. VIOLATE THE POLICY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL CARRY YOU TO JAIL!

BESIDE'S, WHAT I UNDERSTAND! THE INDIVIDUALS WHO COMPLAIN THE MOST ABOUT NOT HAVING ENOUGH GYM TIME, DON'T SHOW UP WHEN COACH GREER HAS OPEN GYM.

DO YOU THINK THAT COACH GREER OR DAVIS SHOULD BE ON CALL TO OPEN THE GYM AT ANYTIME YOU OR YOUR CHILD WANTS TO SHOOT THE BALL? THAT'S 20 - 30 DIFFERENT PLAYERS THAT COULD CALL AROUND THE CLOCK AND YOU THINK THE COACH SHOULD RUSH TO THE GYM TO OPEN IT.

GET REAL!! COACH GREER AND COACH DAVIS ARE GOOD CHRISTIAN MEN WHO HAVE FAMILIES AND NEED TO BE SPENDING QUALITY TIME WITH THEM, NOT LIVING AT THE GYM 24 HRS A DAY SERVING YOUR EVERY DEMAND!

ME! I AM NO LONGER A EMPLOYEE OF THE Obion Co. SCHOOL SYSTEM!!

IM JUST A FAN AND A SUPPORTER OF ATHLETIC'S AT OCCHS AND ONLY OCCHS!

IM A COACH OF NOBODY AT OCCHS. I JUST DO THE STATS!

I JUST MAKE COMMENT'S LIKE YOU AND OTHER'S DO ON COACH T.

WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH MY THOUGHT'S OR NOT, THAT'S YOUR RIGHT!

PEACE OUT!! REBEL BASKETBALL SEASON IS OVER!

RESPECT OTHERS AND THEY WILL RESPECT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO OPEN A GYM, WEIGHT ROOM, MULTI-PURPOSE BUILDING, BASEBALL - SOFTBALL FIELD, FOOTBALL FIELD, BAND ROOM, OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL CLASSROOM - A FULLTIME, CERTIFIED TEACHER MUST BE PRESENT AT ALL

TIMES WHILE STUDENTS ARE USING THE AREA.

Let see, the rule is you need a full, time certified teacher present to use the gym. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GREER! No, they shouldn't be on call to open the gym. And yes, they should have time for their family. But we are talking about scheduled after school practices! Hoffman and all the other coaches seems to understand that they are allowed to practice after school. But then if helps too if you know what to do at practice. Like I said, if he doesn't want to put the work into it, he needs to get a new job!

First of all a moderator needs to get on here and lock this board. All you people want to do is bash the coach. Second, titansno1 if you were doing a full shift of work you wouldn't have time to talk about the coach. But you are probably one of those that spend as much time in the break room as you do out on the floor. Are you giving your employer everything you should? Why don't some of you people go get your degree and start coaching you obviously know more than people who have spent their whole life playing and coaching the game!!!

:D hey there OCCHS faithful, please don't fret.. Every program goes through tough spells every now and then.. These are good, quality kids that put on the Rebel uniform night in and night out.. When you walk that aisle and get in the spotlight, sometimes folks will compare the present to the past and imagine what might have been.. :lol: Everyone that went to school at Central and is old enough to remember the 86' state championship team.. That was a fun time where it just brought all the communities in Obion Co. together and it never got to a point where someone was jealous , no back biting going on.. It was just a group of kids working hard and playing ball.. Everybody was proud whether we brought back a gold ball or not.. The kids today weren't even around when that 86' club was packing gyms and advancing to the state tournament in Nashville.. So maybe you older folks that remember the good ole days do your part to bridge the gap for the Rebel players of today who want to work hard and continue to tradition of quality basketball in Obion County.. Everyone from Administration, Coaches on down to the players have and MUST be on the same page .. And when all else fails, get out the ole VCR tape and remember 86' baby!!!

When the season goes in the tank, every parent and wanna-be coach wants to blame the head coach, regardless of sport. For those of you bashing the coach at OCCHS, you should be ashamed. This man has a family who does not need to hear or see hateful information as this. Furthurmore, every program has a down time. Maybe, instead of looking at Coach Greer, an analysis of the player's attitude and talent needs to be established. Titansno1, you are probably one of these clowns that says, "Well, they won in junior high, what's the problem?" First of all , the high school game in any sport is totally different from any sport at the junior high level. One of the glaring things that will show up is whether or not a young man has learned the fundamentals of the game in junior high. They may win at the junior high level with poor fundamentals, but if they don't have those simplest fundementals learned already, their lack of talent will be exposed at the next level. Just because you say, titansno1, that the boys of OCCHS are too talented to lose, does not make it so. Titansno1, you should look in the mirror and ask yourself, are you doing all you can at what you do? Are you being the best person you can be? I say no! Don't cast stones! Also, don't you think that Whitby saw the writing on the wall with the talent at OC? At least they can play football and baseball now, or do you hate those coaches too, titansno!. For all Rebel fans, keep your heads high, it will get better. For fans like titansno1, stay at home, you are giving REBEL fans a bad name.

ok ballhawk this is for you.... u try to go on greers defense and u dont even know how he is. if u would have been a part of the waste of time this year has been u would change your opinion. he downed all of us players and said we sucked and we were worthless. does that sound like a good coach to you? i dont think so. and we had plenty of talent thank you. we could line up with any real coach and compete against anyone. if u care to test us get you a team together and come and find out. but unless u know what u are talking about keep your mouth shut and go elsewhere. we dont wanna hear what you say about things u dont know about.

Guess what, believe it or not there are good coaches and bad coaches. The guy stinks and has proved it. It takes hard work from the COACH and the players. If I can't do my job, they wouldn't ask me how nice my family was, they would fire my_ __! If he would just put some effort into this we might give him the benefit of the doubt. Ask any current player or former player their opinion of him. He might have a degree, but it's obvious you can't get a degree for coaching. You can't wait till Junior High to work on fundalmentals, you have to start early. Plus it might help to still work on this in High School. You're just another coach that wants to keep him in your district because you know it'sa 2 for sure wins a year!

I must have hit a nerve. I am not a basketball coach in this district. I am from middle TN, but lived as a youth in West Tenn. You're right, I don't know Coach Greer, even though I have known people that know him and they say he is a good coach. I was commenting because I think a coach can get too much blame and sometimes too much credit for the success or failure of the team. As for u, ukfan86, I am sure that you are probably a senior that had to play behind a sophomore. As for you titansno1, basketball in high school is an extracurricular sport that comes with a teaching job. The man gets paid next to nothing, works with ungrateful kids and parents, and still keeps showing up. He should receive your praise, not your condemnation. If it is so easy, why don't you go apply for the job. You seem to have the pulse of the players and know what is going on, go ahead. You are right about one thing; there are some bad coaches. But Coach Greer seems to be doing something right, if people keep hiring him.

That's the problem, he doesn't want to take the time to show up at the gym. His stubbornness is hurting the program. By the way the seniors that did quit were all starters but got tired of his system that wasn't working. Like I said, all we ask for is for him to put some effort into this. Stay in Middle Tennessee coaching middle school until you know what you are talking about.

I do know Coach Greer and have seen every team he has coached. I have never heard any former player of his complain about his work ethic, knowledge of the game, style of play, playing time, practice time, excuses for losses, open gym, etc. until now.