Lewis County Pressbox....

mustang69

Why do ya'll have that big ole pressbox on the home side and won't let opposing teams radio guys or coaches work from it? I've heard it's never full but ya'll build a two man booth on the other side for the other teams. Just curious.

Also, why do your fans want to sit on the opposing teams stands instead of your own, when they aren't full either?

I remember one of the Camden fans brought this up and nobody ever really answered it. Also why did the Camden fan call ya'll cheese-eaters? Do you serve cheese in the concession stand? YUMMY!! :D

Edited by mustang69

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mustang69 dude i don't care who you are but i will be sitting on huntington side just to rude it in ya'lls face when we are winning. If ya'll don't like me sitting on that side to bad get over or if you or anyone else thinks that ya'll are big enuff to make me move i would like to see you try.

signed, THE FATMAN

It's usually the younger middle school kids who go and sit on the visitor's side. Now we do have several parents who go and stand over there but I don't blame them there's not much standing room on the home side unless you get there two hours before the game starts. The press box on the home side is usually filled up. Our radio station broadcasts from it (4 people), I believe we have two people taping the games (2), Our announcer (1), referee controlling the clock (1), two or 3 coaches (3). That's about 11 people in there and I'm sure there's more that I don't know about. All I say is at least we have a visitors side press box. I couldn't tell you about the cheese-eaters. We have some pretty good cheeseburgers in the concession stand. :D

Fatman You're welcome to sit on our side. We're a pretty good bunch of people. Will you stay if we're winning? Just wondering. Do you like to hear "The Horse" a lot?

Hey mustang69 dude i don't care who you are but i will be sitting on huntington side just to rude it in ya'lls face when we are winning. If ya'll don't like me sitting on that side to bad get over or if you or anyone else thinks that ya'll are big enuff to make me move i would like to see you try.

signed, THE FATMAN

I was just asking a question and you wanna go getting half-cocked? Goldenboy I appreciate your reply. You are right about at least you do have one on the visitors side now. As for you Fatman, I just might be big enough to do something about it if thats the attitude you wanna take. Will you be the lardbutt in the coonskin cap and corncob pipe ? :D

I do remember back in the days when there wasn't a box on the visitors side. There was some kinda stink because it was raining like a haint and the commentators and Huntingdon coaches were not allowed up in the pressbox and it was about 1/4 full that night. I'm glad to hear the situation is remedied. Man I hope it's not raining Friday.

Just remember the LC stands for 'Little Class'. They have no class or respect for any visiting football team. Anyone that would bring tractors from the field, 18 wheelers from the roads and a luna(tic) that hasn't enough CLASS to not play during the opposing teams play calls at scrimmage line doesn't know the meaning of class. Bet Bobby Sharp will not let the band play during his play call from the scrimmage line.

O.K boys! I have a few things to say. Number 1, Fatman behave yourself! No need to get all hostile. Number 2 , we have plenty of class here in Lewis County. Some of our younger fans get a little gung ho from time to time. Weren't we all young at one time? This is a kids football game , why does everyone have to get so nuts? Everyone needs to behave and show some class. If you want to sit on the visitors side , fine, but don't do it to aggrivate. L.C does not need a " lady in red" of their own. I have said my peace , now everyone PLAY NICE DARNIT!!!!

Visiting football teams would not need a 'lady in red' if LC would remember that a host team and its fans need to treat the visitors with RESPECT. The band director definitely falls into the category of 'NO CLASS'. He should play,like most all good bands supporting a good football team, at appropriate times-not when the other team is at the scrimmage line. Did LC do this all year? Show respect and you shall receive respect, so far LC doesn't deserve respect because of their lack of CLASS.