Moore County Coach

phil24

Burley,

If I know you so well then tell me your name. This thread isn't about how good I was or you were. It isn't about making plays (which by the way there was no touchdown pass at Lake County that I dropped.) Does it really matter that you are on the wall of fame? I know people that are not up there that went and played college ball, and some that are up there didn't do jack. Sound familiar? So what does that wall really mean? It obviously doesn't reflect all the good players that came out of the program. The thing that I do know is that Coach Price is one heck of a coach, he inspired alot of kids that played under him in Junior high. It is just crazy for someone to be from Moore County to sit here on these threads and bash Coach Price. That is not how I was raised. You encourage, help and most of all stand up for the people that you know and are close with. I believe that is why Moore County teams have been very successful over the years, because we stand up for one another. It seems that way is slowly dying and so too is the tradition.

Burley,

If I know you so well then tell me your name. This thread isn't about how good I was or you were. It isn't about making plays (which by the way there was no touchdown pass at Lake County that I dropped.) Does it really matter that you are on the wall of fame? I know people that are not up there that went and played college ball, and some that are up there didn't do jack. Sound familiar? So what does that wall really mean? It obviously doesn't reflect all the good players that came out of the program. The thing that I do know is that Coach Price is one heck of a coach, he inspired alot of kids that played under him in Junior high. It is just crazy for someone to be from Moore County to sit here on these threads and bash Coach Price. That is not how I was raised. You encourage, help and most of all stand up for the people that you know and are close with. I believe that is why Moore County teams have been very successful over the years, because we stand up for one another. It seems that way is slowly dying and so too is the tradition.

Its time just to drop the subject. Just about everything that can be said has been said good or bad. Its time to quit hanging out our dirty laundry and lets move on. If Price stays on as coach or not, nothing we post on here is going to matter. Sticking it to each other on here does nothing but cause hard feelings. I'm sure that some of my post in the past probably hurt some feelings and I'm sorry for that but I've had a nerve or two touched too, from time to time. So lets move on and think positive. <_<

Burley,

Its time just to drop the subject. Just about everything that can be said has been said good or bad. Its time to quit hanging out our dirty laundry and lets move on. If Price stays on as coach or not, nothing we post on here is going to matter. Sticking it to each other on here does nothing but cause hard feelings. I'm sure that some of my post in the past probably hurt some feelings and I'm sorry for that but I've had a nerve or two touched too, from time to time. So lets move on and think positive. <_<

Good job, now let's see if everyone else can be positive about next year! If not, I'll lock every MC thread until it gets better! If Coach Price is going to stay, everyone of you need to give him your support or just shut up until football season starts next year!

Well said Phil24.

Maybe MC should hire Burley to be their coach. It appears he is doing the coaching from the fence and in public anyway, Coach Price is just blowing the whistle. I do not have a stake in MC football, but from watching films of the past and present, Coach Price is doing a great job with the kids he has. With Coach Price at the helm, they won the games they are supposed to win this year. The teams with better players: Mt Pleasant, Wayne County, Collinwood, Gordonsville, and DCA, won for a reason: Better athletes. Coaches play with the hand that he is dealt, along with every other coach in Tennessee. In time, MC will be back on top of the region again. Be patient. In the mean time, the kids that he has to work with need to be accountable for their own play and work hard in the off-season. All the fence-row coaches obviously do not realize the damage they are doing by running their mouths in public. Coach Price is a man, I'm sure he would welcome talking to you face to face, instead of hiding behind your Dell computer.

Well ELA, I am not bashing anyone so dont take this personally for Doug. Now bird I would agree that MC won the games they should have one. MAYBE!!!! But isnt it a good coaching staffs job to win the ones that they are not suppose to win no matter the caliber of kids they have. I am sure that burley and phil both will agree with this, MC teams of the past won the games they should have one and some of the games they shouldnt have won. I guess you could say they even lost some of the games they should have of won. Thats what makes football so great. Anything can happen on any given friday night. It just depends on what teams shows up to play and takes advantages of the big plays given them. Some times you are out manned but sometimes you just get out played. Big difference. I do agree that the fans should pull together. The kids feed off you fans just as much as they do the coaches. Istill believe you should expect to win all and never be satisfied with saying we did the best we could with the talent we had. Thats a loosing attitude. Find ways to Win with what you have.

Well ELA, I am not bashing anyone so dont take this personally for Doug. Now bird I would agree that MC won the games they should have one. MAYBE!!!!  But isnt it a good coaching staffs job to win  the ones that they are not suppose to win no matter the caliber of kids they have. I am sure that burley and phil both will agree with this, MC teams of the past won the games they should have one and some of the games they shouldnt have won. I guess you could say they even lost some of the games they should have of won. Thats what makes football so great. Anything can happen on any given friday night. It just depends on what teams shows up to play and takes advantages of the big plays given them.  Some times you are out manned but sometimes you just get out played. Big difference. I do agree that the fans should pull together. The kids feed off you fans just as much as they do the coaches. Istill believe you should expect to win all and never be satisfied with saying we did the best we could with the talent we had. Thats a loosing attitude. Find ways to  Win with what you have.

SLOWNEZ... I would agree with what you said, in fact, I think you can expect to win in Moore County. Coach Price and I don't really know each other so I'm not standing up for him! As a moderator, I must read threads and try to limit player or coach bashing by name (to some extent). Burley obviously has many issues with his former school and his former head coach. We know that people are going to complain about some calls and people have a right to speak their mind when they purchase a ticket at games, but NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COME ON HERE AN SLANDER A PROFESSIONAL! What we try to do is "Moderate" these threads and limit some aspects of what is discussed. I think there are many factors involved in Moore Counties seasons and not all of it lies at the head coaches feet.

Good Luck Raiders next season! ;)

Edited by ELA

Slownez, your are correct. And Phil you too, I will tell you who I am when I see you. We did stick together, I still do with the players. Bird, you sure are the kettle calling the pot black. Hide behind a computer,what are you doing? There is nothing I can not say to you, D.P, Ela, Mcguy, Blueboy etc. all to your faces. I do not have a dell by the way. I said it before to certain somebody. I have gave every clue to who I really am , and you people can not figure me out. If you do I will tell you. Yes, I have got personal on here, but if I was not correct you would not argue with me, instead ignore me. Being a head coach, I could do no worse, Yes, I know there is so much that goes into it. I happen to be around football everyday and academices. The main reason I get on here is to get all of you people off the kids, you say " no talent" . How do you think that makes them feel? You all blame it me and my " negative commentes". If it was not true I would not say it. No my awards or anybody else's do not matter. I just put that their for a clue. If all of you are TRUE RAIDERS, you will get behind the team, not say they have no talent. Some think a 1a high school football team should be as good as Alabama or MTSU. It will not ever happen. I don't know everything about football and teaching, but that is why I am learning. I will not say I am sorry for what I have said.. Sometimes I wonder if when I played if you so called fans said the same about me and my teamates. The year we went to the Clinic Bowl, yeah we were good, but we did not have any players go play college ball after that. Talent does not always win, look at the 01 team, some said it could have been one of the better teams, maybe even state champs, it went 4-7. Call me stupid or ignorant, but the truth is I am right.

Edited by BURLEY

ELA.... I understand your job. I am sure it must be somewhat difficult at times not to show your own feelings. However, I have watched MC football for a long time and I will agree with some of what has been said by burley, phil, blueboy etc.

Whether or not its time to put someone else at the reigns, thats not for any of us to decide. Thats left up to the school. You are correct, we are all entitled to our own opinions but there is always a place to draw the line. No matter if you pay for a ticket on friday or if you enjoy this board, stay off the kids. Remember they are all you got and this sport is for them, just as it was for phil, burley and all the others that dream of making the big show. I still stand by what I said as for it being the coaches responsibility to prepare the kids, with or without great talent, a good coach will win the games they are suppose to and win some of the games they are not. However, just because you win games and you are a good coach, dont always make you a great person. A good coach doesnt just teaching winning/loosing on the score board, he also teaches winning in life and how to pick yourself back up when times are tough. To all of you who are walking the fence, get behind the kids and support them. No matter your feelings with the coach.

ELA.... I understand your job. I am sure it must be somewhat difficult at times not to show your own feelings. However, I have watched MC football for a long time and I will agree with some of what has been said by burley, phil, blueboy etc.

Whether or not its time to put someone else at the reigns, thats not for any of us to decide. Thats left up to the school. You are correct, we are all entitled to our own opinions but there is always a place to draw the line. No matter if you pay for a ticket on friday or if you enjoy this board, stay off the kids. Remember they are all you got and this sport is for them, just as it was for phil, burley and all the others that dream of making the big show. I still stand by what I said as for it being the coaches responsibility to prepare the kids, with or without great talent, a good coach will win the games they are suppose to and win some of the games they are not. However, just because you win games and you are a good coach, dont always make you a great person. A good coach doesnt just teaching winning/loosing on the score board, he also teaches winning in life and how to pick yourself back up when times are tough. To all of you who are walking the fence, get behind the kids and support them. No matter your feelings with the coach.

I think we are in agreement! B)

I'm through with this discussion! I wish all of you guys in Moore County a lot of success next year. I'd love to see the Columbia Blue back near the top in the years to come!

Corey, I am sorry you did not win your Mr. Football award. I would have like to see you receive that great honor. The young man who won the award went on to Vanderbilt and I believe is contributing to the football team at an SEC school.

I hope you do get your teaching degree and return to Lynchburg and be a successful influence on the young people of our county.

I don't think Doug will be back as head coach next year. I will miss seeing him on the sidelines. I will never forget watching him tear his ACL during the Collinwood game a few years ago. From where I was it looked like he fell into a large hole as he was jumping and running down the sidelines.

If Doug does stay I will be happy with that. If Doug goes I will be happy with that also because he will think that is the best for his family.

For once blueboy, we agree. Enough said. GO RAIDERS.......

Finally you did it, you figured me out, I sure D.P. told you Gman. The dude from Cwood, yeah he went D1, I was also recrutied by D1, ( if he was better than me, that proof is on film, Every time we played I went head to head with him and won.) but instead I am now at Cumberland where I love it very much. No thanks to any of the staff that coached me. I have got this off my chest so I will not reply on anymore Mc coaches post. Sin I will bury the hachet between me and you, I know at times it got a little heated. Hay, but it made for a great argument at times.

Edited by BURLEY