Boyd vs. CAK

bucsfan

Cack has not been able to stop the rushing game very well even though they have come out on top. But none of these teams Cloudland, Midway, or even G.Back without James had a good passing game.

Cack is going to face a well balanced Run / Pass team in BB. They allowed a lot of points from the teams in Region 2, I'm afraid they are going to see double the amount of points from Boyd put up : Cack will also have minus yards rushing .

Boyd Buch. 55 Cack 17

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK's defense single handedly beat greeneback. They stopped them on 4th and goal and on at least one other 4th and short. The main reason CAK won that game was because of their defense. Their run defense is very good and has the ability to stop whatever boyd brings them. Their pass defense is not bad either #25 for CAK had 2 picks against greenback. Don't sell their defense short, they are good.

CHOW

CAK's defense single handedly beat greeneback.  They stopped them on 4th and goal and on at least one other 4th and short.  The main reason CAK won that game was because of their defense.  Their run defense is very good and has the ability to stop whatever boyd brings them.  Their pass defense is not bad either #25 for CAK had 2 picks against greenback.  Don't sell their defense short, they are good.

CHOW

SP has as good a defense as anyone and they couldn't stop them. This game is not going to go like everyone seems to think there won't be any last minute 1 point wins. This game will end in the first quarter. Greenback was nowhere near teams like Boyd, CPA, DCA, Ezell and SP.

Edited by krp

What a great week this is! There is a short school week, a holiday, and playoff football. What more could you ask for? Honestly, I don't know a thing about CAK. obviously, they're doing something right. Getting this far in the playoffs demands respect from anyone. Now, just as someone posted the BBS strengths, how about someone posting the CAK strengths...including the team leaders. I know that this is probably the most important game in CAK football history. BBS would be wise to maintain focus and come out stronger than they did against South Pitt.

Looking forward to the game.

'96

CAK's strength starts with their quarterback Mark Cunningham. He is very accurate and has a rifle. But without receivers like Taylor Yoakley and Brenden Japp they couldnt complete a pass. Their running game was all on the shoulders of John Douglass but an injury ended his season early. Will Burkhart has stepped up and filled Douglass' shoes. The defense of CAK is led by Micheal Blount, Nick Parrish, Morgan Cox. Micheal Blount might be one of the best offensive/deffensive linemen in 1a.

Trey Bowland is also a big part of CAK's running game.

CHOW

Edited by BIGCHOW

its nearly impossible for either side of teams to make a prediction on this one. cak fans know near to nothing about this boyd team. and the same goes for boyd fans and the cak team. they havnt competed against each other and they havn't competed against teams that have played each other. i dont think you can write cak off like everyone is doing. i dont doubt that this boyd team is good. but how can you all say it will be a blowout without even seeing cak play.

The state championship was decided last Friday. Everyone knows the best two teams in the state are Boyd and S.P. That game came down to what everyone said it would. Turnovers. South Pitt had 5 and Boyd had 1. Anyway Good luck Friday, but I really don't think you will need it. These CAK people act like they really think they are going to win it all. Im saying Boyd by at least 40.

i think that a big part of why bbs is favored so big is that they have a mountan's worth of experience compared to cak. i don't know if this is true or not. i don't know who cak has played. i just know that to beat someone like south pitt TWICE, you are special. granted, both of those games were at home, but i still think that boyd's experience in big games will see us through.

should be exciting at any rate

'96