Boyd vs. CAK

bucsfan

Boyd would have to play horrible and CAK would have to play excellent for CAK to win. Sorry but that is the truth. Realistically Boyd should have no problem with CAK. They have not played anyone close to the caliber of Boyd. And who cares if they beat Cloudland. I have said it before and I will say it again. Cloudland should have never been the #1 team in the state. They would have finished 3rd or 4th in Boyd's region. And they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs had they been in some regions. They were maybe a top 15 team in the state...no way were they in the top 5. Boyd, SP, USJ, JCS, DCA, CPA, Ezell, Fayette, and many others would have easily beaten Cloudland. They play horrific competition.

Boyd will win by at least 3 touchdowns.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudland would have give Boyd or any other 1a team a fit. They beat Cherokee much worse than Morristown West did. Our lack of competition the last five games killed us. If we had of got by CAK, we would have been much better the next week. People seem to forget the way we killed South Pitt a couple of years ago .This team was better. Hats off to CAK ,they deffinately beat one of the best teams in 1a, don,t be suprised if they beat another one.

Boyd would have to play horrible and CAK would have to play excellent for CAK to win.  Sorry but that is the truth.  Realistically Boyd should have no problem with CAK.

CAK can win because sometime the favored team does play poorly and makes more mistakes. That happened to CPA three weeks ago against DCA. DCA played well and Wooden got a lot of yards, but the overall yardage was about even, DCA even punted more (and Wooden punted well). Bottom line, CPA proved 3 weeks earlier that if they played solid they were the superior team, but DCA played hard and almost mistake free (also got a fortunate call on a pass that was called complete and wasn't that led to the last TD), while CPA fumbled on the 2, dropped a TD pass, got 4-5 critical penalties to stop drives and fumbled again to stop a drive.

Don't "knee jerk", DCA fans. I repeat - DCA played well, better than CPA that night and deserved to win. My point is that when 2 good teams play, a few mistakes by the favored team can make a big difference. So CAK could win if Boyd doesn't take care of business. I do believe Boyd has a little more big game experience and will win, but CAK cannot be counted out.

Edited by divepix

CAK is definitely ready for a hard fought game. This small school has rallied around the CArdiac Kids. Is not just the heartstopping wins that warrant such a nickname; these kids play with heart.

The fact is: CAK is the underdog - Boyd is a powerhouse. But this is CAK's first home playoff game and the players are pumped. Boyd should win, but CAK can win, and all CAKers are staying until the fourth quarter ends.

I'm reading to freeze as I watch an interesting game. Can't wait!

I'm definitely thankful for the fun that CAK football has added to my school life.