Clinic Bowl

dan

Oh no, no. Don't think I'm doubting Coach Flatt's choices, and that's pretty much what I figured. MBA got up big and that was key. They made BA either stick with the ground game that takes time (though, Townsend did break a couple, and I thought BA might come back... seemed like you'd be that close to breaking one, but the MBA D was great) or make them throw which they had only done 88 times all year (Griffin that is). Trust me, I respect Coach Flatt, and I respect the BA team. I wasn't trying to blame anyone. I guess what I should have said is "can you not run the ball out of the hurry-up offense?" instead of making it seem as if I was questioning anyone that bad. You know what I'm saying?

I do. It was just a butt whuppin'. What else can one say?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA played a great game and deserved to win. Some of the catches that were made were unbelievable.

As for class, some MBA students/parents are greatly lacking this. Did any of you notice how the MBA fans acted after the October 31 game? There was not any trash talking by BA after winning, yet the losing team felt like they had the right to badmouth. Tonight, MBA taunting BA fans and players? That was ridiculous. Celebrate your big win and have some class. I thought that the "Excuses, excuses" sign was PERFECT. Because ever since we beat MBA, that's all I've heard. The famous email, the student newspapers, and so on. Some of the things that were said after the Halloween game made me sick. "It doesn't matter. Some day your sons will be working for ours." Both of these were said by PARENTS. If you are wondering were this so-called MBA "class" comes from, look to the parents. Bring on the flak. I know I'm going to get it for speaking the truth. I'm looking forward to the classy responses, actually.

Once again, congradulations to MBA on the big win.

Edited by robjim

MBA played a great game and deserved to win.  Some of the catches that were made were unbelievable. 

As for class, some MBA students/parents are greatly lacking this.  Did any of you notice how the MBA fans acted after the October 31 game?  There was not any trash talking by BA after winning, yet the losing team felt like they had the right to badmouth.  Tonight, MBA taunting BA fans and players?  That was ridiculous.  Celebrate your big win and have some class.  I thought that the "Excuses, excuses" sign was PERFECT.  Because ever since we beat MBA, that's all I've heard.  The famous email, the student newspapers, and so on.  Some of the things that were said after the Halloween game made me sick.  "You may have won, but at least OUR players don't kill themselves."  (In reference to Tyler Smith)  "It doesn't matter.  Some day your sons will be working for ours."  Both of these were said by PARENTS.  If you are wondering were this so-called MBA "class" comes from, look to the parents.  Bring on the flak.  I know I'm going to get it for speaking the truth.  I'm looking forward to the classy responses, actually.

Once again, chill!! Who cares what some 50 year old fat men or 120 pound freshman in the stands chants or says? Mottos are written on paper, but real class lasts for life.

Edited by itzme

Please stop degrading this thread with negative aspects of the game..... both teams played with some pretty good class. Granted, some chants were a bit distasteful, but come on! It's not the opera, it's a high school football game. It's a part of the game. BA and MBA students are and were both great. As for parents, I don't know enough to comment.

"As for class, some MBA students/parents are greatly lacking this."

No reason to make this personal...but you did. MBA students/parents are the classiest people you will find. I'll take our fans/family over BA's any day. Even if you do notice a "lack of class", why mention it on a message board? Is that your way of trying to take some sort of victory for BA out of this stomping?

"There was not any trash talking by BA after winning, yet the losing team felt like they had the right to badmouth."

Safe to say, BA players understood they had nothing to trash talk about. It was a trashy win; MBA players/fans were angered (and rightfully so). Since there is no appeal system or referee challenge, we feel we were robbed of a win and could do nothing about it. But I'm completely over the October game now. My beliefs/conjectures were proven correct friday night.

"Tonight, MBA taunting BA fans and players? That was ridiculous. Celebrate your big win and have some class."

Cry more, kthx. That's high school football. Had we lost, MBA fans would have congratulated BA on the win and we would have been greeted with a similar degree of taunting from the other side of the stadium.

"I thought that the "Excuses, excuses" sign was PERFECT. Because ever since we beat MBA, that's all I've heard. The famous email, the student newspapers, and so on. "

I thought the MBA chants were PERFECT, too. It's completely arbitrary. You can't say you didn't expect a response with the "excuses" signs. Most of the MBA chants were directly responsive to BA instigation. I bet you thought the Tom Moore harassment was "PERFECT", too.

I know I'm going to get it for speaking the truth, but BA was stomped tonight. You (and several other BA fans) are just searching consolation by trying to establish BA as more classy or on a moral high-ground. That just makes things personal. Congrats, nonetheless, to BA on a great season.

ROLL RED ROLL---- 2003 STATE CHAMPS

Edited by BigRedBoy

OK, lets face it. Whats happening here is just normal rivalry crap. Folks, lets settle down and put all this stuff behind us. I went to BA, and frankly, this "classy this, classy that" stuff from both sides is getting sick and repetitive. I was not at the game, so I cannot comment on that, but it sounds like MBA just gave us an old fashioned- whipping. I dislike MBA just as much as anybody at BA, but, seriously, the only thing we can talk about right now is the game, because this "classy" stuff is never gonna get resolved. I'm sick of it....and I'm talkin to BA AND MBA people. So what do ya'll say to putting this one in the history books and moving on, eh?

Congrats to both teams on great seasons, and good luck next year.

Edited by caeagle16

MBA played a great game and deserved to win.  Some of the catches that were made were unbelievable. 

As for class, some MBA students/parents are greatly lacking this.  Did any of you notice how the MBA fans acted after the October 31 game?  There was not any trash talking by BA after winning, yet the losing team felt like they had the right to badmouth.  Tonight, MBA taunting BA fans and players?  That was ridiculous.  Celebrate your big win and have some class.  I thought that the "Excuses, excuses" sign was PERFECT.  Because ever since we beat MBA, that's all I've heard.  The famous email, the student newspapers, and so on.  Some of the things that were said after the Halloween game made me sick.    "It doesn't matter.  Some day your sons will be working for ours."  Both of these were said by PARENTS.  If you are wondering were this so-called MBA "class" comes from, look to the parents.  Bring on the flak.  I know I'm going to get it for speaking the truth.  I'm looking forward to the classy responses, actually.

This is rediculous! You are just trying to get some sort of victory after one of the most embarassing losses BA has ever had.

Edited by BigOrange 3