Article on BA Vs TSSAA

Teddavid

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Tennessee public school graduate, I have never felt scared, out of place, not qualified, etc... to compete against private school kids. The players could care less how much money or lack thereof a kids family has, they are trying to win a game. You could take the coaches from MBA, BA, Lipscomb and some others and put them in the worst public school football program in Tennessee and they would find a way to be successful. They can take their talent and beat yours or take your talent and beat theirs. It may take 3 or 4 years to get their system in place but they would none the less be quite successful. There are public school coaches that could do the same thing. The problem is that the true talent pool of coaches is not very large and the private schools seem to be getting a larger percentage of the good coaches. There are a number of former public school coaches that took their retirement and are now assistant coaches at private schools. .My guess is that they don't want to put up with the goverment agency & teachers union that we have in the public school system.

Ahh...yes

So it isn't enough that all the council members are public school, you want to put an anti-private clause in the by-laws?

Caught my 6 year old doing this on the playground the other day. He and a couple of his friends said no one could play with their football unless they got to make all the rules. I had a long talk with him about being selfish and how no one will want to be around him if he keeps that up... :angry:

I AM GOING TO PUT THIS IN CAPITAL LETTER BALDCOACH SO YOU CAN READ IT. WE DO NOT WANT TO BE AROUND YOU IN ANY FORM OR FASHION!!!!!!!!!

GET IT!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT TO PLAY AGAINST OTHER PUBLIC SCHOOLS LIKE OURSELVES. YOU GO PLAY WITH OTHER PRIVATE SCHOOLS. THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS WILL ALL BE HAPPY WHEN WE SEE BOYD, EZELL, USJ, AND THE REST OF YOU ALPHABET SCHOOLS PLAYING AGAINST EACH OTHER. WILL YOU BE HAPPY? PROBABLY NOT. THAT IS THE REASON YOU ARE PLAYING AGAINST US IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

Bill#73...I think baldcoach can read just fine. This is a discussion board and not a shouting match.

Thanks VG

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Bill#73

What kind of lessons are we trying to teach our kids? Oh everyone gets to win, so we all feel good about ourselves. NOT EVERYONE is going to win, life is unfair, but the discipline, the character, the work ethic, knowing you gave your best effort is what is all about. If there are no obstacles to overcome to achieve your goals, then they are goals not worth having. I glad most people don't think like you, or high school athletics would be a very sad place. Kids are Kids man just let them play and have fun.

bill#73, When the TSSAA set up this current situation, no private rep. sat on the board of directors. The board was made up of all public reps. and the vote was approved. I agree we have too many resource advantages to make the playing field level, but don't blame us (the privates) for setting up the current situation. We are playing by the rules established by the TSSAA. With respect, your issue is with the TSSAA not the 1-A privates.

Ahh...yes

So it isn't enough that all the council members are public school, you want to put an anti-private clause in the by-laws?

Caught my 6 year old doing this on the playground the other day. He and a couple of his friends said no one could play with their football unless they got to make all the rules. I had a long talk with him about being selfish and how no one will want to be around him if he keeps that up... :blink:

I AM GOING TO PUT THIS IN CAPITAL LETTER BALDCOACH SO YOU CAN READ IT. WE DO NOT WANT TO BE AROUND YOU IN ANY FORM OR FASHION!!!!!!!!!

GET IT!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT TO PLAY AGAINST OTHER PUBLIC SCHOOLS LIKE OURSELVES. YOU GO PLAY WITH OTHER PRIVATE SCHOOLS. THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS WILL ALL BE HAPPY WHEN WE SEE BOYD, EZELL, USJ, AND THE REST OF YOU ALPHABET SCHOOLS PLAYING AGAINST EACH OTHER. WILL YOU BE HAPPY? PROBABLY NOT. THAT IS THE REASON YOU ARE PLAYING AGAINST US IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

I'm sorry, but this is the most vitriolic post I've seen in a while! Pardon me for saying so, but you sound like a bully who wants to take his toys and go home!

What in the world would be gained by completely eliminating competion with Private schools? Do you think the public programs will benefit in some way? Do you think this will stop people from choosing Private education? I'm not understanding your extreme animosity.