WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We in Greenbrier just want to thank all the 3A Region 5 teams and fans for your support. It is always hard watching a team other than your own go on to the semi's, but we really appreciate Sycamore, Page and Marshall County (and all other supporters) for all your good wishes as we try to win this one for Region 5.

Come out and support us! Let's get loud and proud.

Go Bobcats, Go Region 5!

People would be surprised at some of the community similarities between these 2 teams. Greenbrier is just now enjoying some rewards that Covington has already enjoyed with football success. Both communities about the same size and love their football. Everyone knows mostly everyone else...especially the players.

Anyone know of ANYBODY broadcasting this game that can be heard in the Nashville area???????????

I hate to see either team lose. GB is 1 of the classiest school's-teams I have ever been associated with. I have friends and a former team-mate coaching there. Covington has been there so many times and come up short. coach Lineville played for me and is 1 of my favorite players that I have ever coached,he';s really special to me. I just hope it's a good game and extend my best wishes to BOTH teams!

This Covington Team is a little different than Covington Teams of the past. In the past we have won most of our games with big plays. This year we have drove the ball better and used the clock. I miss the big plays from D1 players like Darron White (U of Memphis) and Gains (U of Tenn). The Defense is solid as always in Covington but everybody is contributing. In the past we have had stars like Poe (U of Tenn), Simonton (Tenn. Tech) and Holmes (Carson Newman). I don't know if this team is better than some we have had in the past but they sure know how to win the BIG game! Good luck CHARGERS!

This year we have drove the ball better and used the clock.

...know how to win the BIG game!

Sounds like these two teams are MUCH alike. You can ask our region opponents about how well Greenbrier knows hows come through. Ask Sycamore, I think our toughest opponent this year, about our two wins over them. Our defense stopped them on the one yard line with .08 left in the game in the first game and stopped their two point conversion in the second game in double overtime.

Sounds like it is going to be a GREAT game!

Edited by EZBeingGreen