We need a new athletic association

southernpride

Its time for the public schools in Tennessee to take a long hard look at this matter. We need our own association. We need an association that is not affiliated with the state of tennessee in anyway. We need clear separation between the state and the new association and a clause not to allow any private school in the association written into the bylaws.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cannot win just take your ball and go home.

I think its the other way around. Ba and all of their lawsuits are all about winning and now they want to force the TSSAA to put everybody back together do they can win some more against the public schools. All the private schools in DI don't want to move up so they can win some more. If it were up to me I would just say let the privates have their own association and rules, they can recruit all they want. Leave all of the public schools to do their own thing. Each side can say they have the best or worst team in the state. What we need to do is get back to playing ball without all of these stupid lawsuits. None of this would have happened if everyone had followed the rules in the first place. It must be nice to get caught with your hands in the cookie jar and then get the courts to say the rules that everyone had already agreed to play by were a violation of freedom of speech. What we need is an organization that doesn't fall under the state actor, whatever that takes. We need a simple set of rules that everyone can follow and we need to end the lawsuits. Get rid of the private schools, let them do whatever they want to do, give us our own association. Lets get back to playing ball.

I think its the other way around. Ba and all of their lawsuits are all about winning and now they want to force the TSSAA to put everybody back together do they can win some more against the public schools. All the private schools in DI don't want to move up so they can win some more. If it were up to me I would just say let the privates have their own association and rules, they can recruit all they want. Leave all of the public schools to do their own thing. Each side can say they have the best or worst team in the state. What we need to do is get back to playing ball without all of these stupid lawsuits. None of this would have happened if everyone had followed the rules in the first place. It must be nice to get caught with your hands in the cookie jar and then get the courts to say the rules that everyone had already agreed to play by were a violation of freedom of speech. What we need is an organization that doesn't fall under the state actor, whatever that takes. We need a simple set of rules that everyone can follow and we need to end the lawsuits. Get rid of the private schools, let them do whatever they want to do, give us our own association. Lets get back to playing ball.

Your words are a depressing testimony to how embarrassingly little you know about the Brentwood Academy vs. TSSAA case. Every respectful opinion is welcome on this site, and you have every right to express yours; however, prepare to be ridiculed if you know nothing about the topic on which you post.

37421 and caesar if you are going the speed limit and you get a ticket do you

plead innocent or guilty? ceasar the only one I see whinning is you. How many

kids in public school transfer to another school because the school to which they were zoned didn't offer a course they "needed". And the school they transfered to happened to have a much better athletic program. Remove the log from you own eye before you try to remove the splinter from your brothers eye. Many kids that are non-athletes apply for financial aid at private schools, to deny kids this opportunity would be punishing them because the school they choose to go to has a good football team. How many public school coaches have been at the same school for 30+ years. No one screamed lets have seperate divisions when Gallatin,

Hartsville, Maryville, Milan, Overton, Riverdale, Oakland and Shelbyville Girls Basketball, etc were winning State Championship after State Championship.

Caesar...Should I remind you that every school had a chance to voice their opinion on a split and less than half the schools want a split? Not everyone has a disdain for private schools like yourself. In fact a lot of people don`t care if some of the privates do well. It gives them something to aim for. Just like Maryville gives us 4A schools a standard to shoot for.