Marissa Hensley

jimbo44

Hensley has a very good supporting cast, hard to hitch her up wrong in any position

I totally agree, and we would all be remiss if we didn't mention Courtney Childress, and Amanda Naff, Kayla Olson who more than held their own against one of the nations best team, give Danielle Kelly and Christy Apple and Adrianne Hopkins their due as well (all underclassmen i might add!)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marissa not played good offense but this was one of the better all around played basketball games she has ever played. Especially on Defense she totally shut down the inside and had the big girl in foul trouble all nite. If she plays like this all year there is going to be some teams in AA in serious trouble and I,d say clear a spot for another gold ball in J-County!!

Miss Basketball is for the best player while a State Championship goes to the best team. I guarantee you Hensley would rather have the gold ball than the individual award. Then again she may get both, but Miss Basketball doesn't necessarily go to the best player on the best team.

He is right Miss Basketball goes to the girl who is the overall best basketball player.(Beechboard) The district mvp and state tournament mvp goes to girls that lead their team to championships(Hensley). Its screwed up, I know, but more than likely thats how it will go down.

Isn't this alot of fun to hawk our player of the year? Itsallaboutball is exactly right. It should go to the best overall player. I have been to many states and seen several examples where the MVP was NOT on the winning team. They were usually heads and away above the other team's best players. Hopefully we can be arguing the player of the year after the BORO. Hensley and Beechboard are still my top two till I see a new person.

I guess since Ridgeway beat Jackson County then someone from Ridgeway should be Miss Basketball

Just for your info goosevol Ridgeway is AAA. When we play non conference games we like to schedule the best that way if we wind up losing by one in overtime, atleast we know it was to a good team, not to say getting beat by 8 to a team LA hammered by 15 would not be respectable. Oh was i talking about your beloved OS again? :unsure:

Edited by devilfanatic

I guess since Ridgeway beat Jackson County then someone from Ridgeway should be Miss Basketball :unsure:

And also for your info Goose, even though Ridgeway is now in Class AAA, they are still the same size as they have been the past few seasons while playing in the Class AA state championships. Their A-ness is the only thing that has changed.

I, for one see your point, though... that a Miss Basketball award is not necessarily intended for the best player on the winningest team, which you stated in an earlier post.

If goose wanted to make fun of Jackson County, devilfanatic, he would've asked why Jackson County couldn't beat Ridgeway, while Shelbyville, a team Jackson County dominated just last week, could win by nine points. Goose wouldn't do that, and neither would I, especially since everyone knows Jackson County, Shelbyville, and Ridgeway are all very good ball teams.

If goose wanted to make fun of Jackson County, devilfanatic, he would've asked why Jackson County couldn't beat Ridgeway,

Just for your info Iamoz, poking a little fun every now and then is common place on here when it comes to fan support of their teams but not individuals, remember there "Mr Adminstrator" this a post about what other people think of this young lady's abilities and chances at Miss Basketball of AA not for someone to come on here and say something about a AAA team and for you to get on here and back him up, just because you and him might be friends, at the expense of a young lady is unconscionable on your part and you should definately be reprimanded for that! This post is about Miss Hensley's abilities and what everyone thinks of her not for you or him to "Grandstand" and make fun of the thread! Lets keep it that way!

Edited by devilfanatic