Maryville Vs. Morristown West

FBEmeritus

Ok People My turkey is almost on the table, families are arriving and I’ll kick back on the couch and watch those Lions and them boys the rest of the day. My son just got home from a great breakfast donated by another wing of the big Reb machine and the annual Thanksgiving Day early practice. Maryville is focused, primed and ready to defend its crown vs. another worthy opponent in Morristown West. It will be a wet cold night on a muddy surface and the Red Rebel faithful are loaded and ready to cheer the champs back to the finals.

The game is simple. If Maryville can control the ball and not make mistakes. Then get a two TD lead before the half. Maryville wins. Simple, what say you?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely! If maryville can get a big lead, MoWest will be forced to throw, which is something that they do not do alot, so i am just guessing and saying there not very good at it. If we can get past that tough MoWest Defense, then i do not think that we will have any problems. I also heard that they have a fullback who did not play when we they first met, and i heard that he is a load. I think he is number 5???

FBE,

I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Quarles keep the Rebs in the dressing room until just seconds before kick-off (just a second shy of getting a delay of game penalty) and then have his kicking team come rushing onto the field, in a funky double reverse onsides kick formation that ends up with Jeff Smith kicking a slow roller just 10 yds down field that in turn would be picked by the regular kicker and then lateralled to Jon Lawhon who would proceed to carry it 55 yds for an opening Rebel score while the MoWest players and coaches just stand around with their mouths agape, trying to figure out what just happened.

Hey, that ain't bad. I wonder if George might hire me as a consultant?

Thanksgiving fun ... everyone enjoy the food, the games, the family, and the freedom we have. And say a special prayer for those brave men and women in dangerous places today helping to ensure that freedom for us and for others.

Edited by GovMan

heck yeah, Mo town west is ready for this game! I am predicting a big upset for the rebels friday night. and that fullback is gonna be playing this time, but they are using him as a tailback too. and it isn't number 5, it is number 8. So it will be interesting to see if the rebel's D is gonna be able to step and and stop this guy. If not it is just gonna be Trojans 3 yards a carry. Plus I have seen Maryville play this year and i think they are just too predictable. they try to go for the big play with the seems down the deep thirds and just rely on their size to reach block on their iso's. Fanny and Frederick are going to eat their run game up. I see Mo West with the big win friday over the rebels. 3rd time is the charm.

Morristown West 21

Maryville 14

And i read someone say that Morristown isn't used to throwing the ball, and i know that Maryville has used their pass game to open up for some big plays, so with a soggy field and predictions of precipitation, who has this advantage this time?

The Daris Ewing Factor (#8) will lead West past Maryville. Ewing is only a sophomore, but is running over people at will. This game will be won by Morristown West. Maryville hasn't seen a back like Ewing this year. Maryville's punter will also be busy tommorrow night. He better stretch some before he goes to be tonight.

Morristown West 28, Maryville 21

It is currently raining hard in Morristown. The field will be wet. Slippin', sliddin', low-ridding.

Well C love, I really don't think this 3 time is a charm thing is going to work for Morristown West. Yes Morristown West has seemed to got better, but so has Maryville. Also I think Maryvilles offensive lineman will eat up your linebackers on the run. Don't worry we have a tackle that can block that big number 98 or whatever. Also the big running back of yours might be a factor but look what happen to central, I mean they had one best runningbacks in state right now but Maryvilles defense didn't give up on him and ended up keeping him from getting yards during the most of the game. Believe me Maryville is hyped up for this game because they are wanting to do what no 4-A team has done. I believe Maryville has the advantage in this game because I think they got better fundamentals than Morristown, I'm not saying that they have none but not like Maryville does. So I'm thinking no upset. Maryville will come out whooping some tail to be up two touchdowns going in the half and things will head off from there. Maryville by two touchdowns.

Hey boyz!

My husband says it is a defensive struggle between Green Bay and Detroit! I wouldn't know I have been slaving over the stove all morning and part of the afternoon!

My beloved red rebels will win this one by 2 touchdowns! It is a mental thing!

Gov Man...do you really think it will be transplanted William Blount back John Lawhon scoring or could it be maybe a surprise back like maybe Maples or John Hughes?

No matter...Mo West is a worthy opponent and I just hope they have plenty of Hot Chocolate for me and Suzette!

Sorry this is not longer...but my husband is getting over the triptaphan I put in the turkey and he wants me to keep feeding him more!

Love you boyz!

:)

yeah know govman, maryville really hasnt ran that many trick plays this year at all. We have only ran that double reverse pass that was made so famous in the state game last year only once, and we have only tried 1 suprise onside kick. But hey there always there if we need them......go rebs

Guest moweststar2004

Man, the maryville rebels are gonna get anhilated this friday, they haven't got a shot in the world. Let's face it, the first time these two teams played, mowest was just getting things together, and almost beat the "3-time state champs". This time is just gonna be embarrasing for maryville. I say mowest by 4 touchdowns at least. #3 is gonna steam roll maryville's defense, i read that article in the paper about "Dee-molition" and let me tell ya that he will be "Dee-moralized". And #54, wow, you cudn't defend a pass if you're life depended on you, so if we have to result to the pass, we shud have no problem, let's face it, maryville's just to slow. They've given it a good run, but it's got to end, just like the last one, and who better to do it, then the same people who ended the last one. Maryville doesn't deserve to win and they wont. #9, you better believe that your luck will run out with your "good" plays. And "Alex the Great" may be "Alex the Pitiful" after this game. Turnovers and Turnovers will be the story for maryville. That's just all there is to it. Easy pickins for Mo West.

Maryville 7

Mo West 35