Smyrna Football

Boro Balla06

Smyrna had a good year this year but whats happening.. a friend told me that Stephen Childs is moving to east tennesee and ive also heard that Charles "romeo" Orona is moving back to texas after bball season.. so that means there two best recievers are gone along with there QB and there fullback.. if this is true then this means Rodney Shafer, a sophmore, would start QB next year... and they lost those two gret players from the defense too.. those two players played everywhere and if they loose them then there team will be hurting.. give me feedback on if this is true or not..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Boroballa....I heard the same about the Orona kid back about 3 weeks ago. I know that they were trying to work something out for him to stay. That will be a huge loss for Smyrna if true. Orona really stepped it up this season. I am not sure about the Childs kid though. Is he #2?? Where is Cat when you need him?

Smyrna had a good freshman squad and the Middle school won the championship for the 2nd yr in a row. So I do not think they will be hurting too much if this is true about the two kids leaving. Also they are adding another building onto the school and the numbers for Smyrna will be about 2000 enrolled for next fall. So many more choices will be at Shadowens' fingertips. Don't worry....Smyrna will still be good.

How did Wolke's last hearing come out? Wasn't it on Nov 25th? Just wondering.

If true, that is really bad news for Smyrna. The Bulldogs seem to have things going in a very positive direction. Based on the players returning they were definitely my early pick for the 2d spot in the region in 2004.

Hopefully, one or both of these guys will stay. The region is just loaded with exciting skill people slated to return next year. Hate to see any leave as it is so much fun watching them on Friday nights.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

On a side note, there was a big OT that transferred from Smyrna to Riverdale last year but he never played. Any idea what happened to him?

well the person whose transferring to Maryville might be stephen childs #2.. i dont know why he is moving but he is.. yes micah ire transferred.. i heard that he hurt his back this year and cant play anymore.. this could just be a rumor.. and as orona... his mom already moved back to texas so i doubt he will be able to stay.. if he can than this will be good... i also heard talk that the QB for next year could be a freshman coming from the middle school.. im sure chadowens will find a way to be competitive still..

Guest region4fan

Yes, he is good by Region 4 standards. I am not sure how he will stack up against the massive talent at Maryville though. He will be a senior. He can play QB (was the back up to David wolke) and a receiver . Against Oakland, I believe he caught an INT that was at a crucial time. They beat us in OT.

gator, this Childs kid isnt too bad or at least of what i have heard of him he isnt too bad. His name has been in the papers around here a few times. and i think that he was in the top five or so in recieving this regular season. i have heard lots of good things about him, they say he has good hands but i am not sure that is just what talk says. but if you want to know for sure ask 82cat he keeps up with Smyrna.

If someone is transferring to Maryville I would bet it is Stephen Childs. His brother Danielle, who played qb at Smyrna but Wolke took his job, is playing qb at Maryville college. If Stephen is going to Maryville, you will be getting a great athelet. Stephen has great size, can catch, and would be the quarterback at Smyrna next year if he stayed.

If you know anything about smyrna football you wouldn't say wolke took anything. Wolke had that job given to him. That childs kid was much smarter than wolke on and off the field. Wolke just had a better arm. All smyrna was doing anyways with wolke was using him to hand off the ball to smyrna's two stud running backs. Besides wolke was a freshman and coach wasnt going to put the game in his hands they weere going to live and die by the run. but its over now and both moved on, literaly. The childs family is moving to the maryville area. and i beleive stephen is going to Maryville high, but i dont know.

yes the childs family is moving to Maryville and yes he is a great athlete.. and i believe will get some playing time.. i talked to a coach yesterday and he said that orona is probably going to stay and that he will probably play QB for them.. they wont know until spring practice.. so i wonder who will play receiver for them next year.. child and orona were there erally only receivers.. shadowens (coachs brother) has speed but can only catch the ball like once out of 5 times.. so who knows