Lipscomb v. Alcoa

bluestang

After watching the Lipscomb vs Alcoa game last night, I don't see them getting beat. I have watched Maryville all year,I saw Knox Central,Morristown West,Riverdale,Oak Ridge and Austin East in a scrimmage and I think Lipscomb could be the best team I saw. They are very impressive. They are huge up front,quick and execute very well. The quarterback reminds me of Zach Helton of Knox Central.

I thought Lipscomb was just a grind it out team but they pass the ball very well.Quarterback can scramble and pass. He carries out his fakes very well. #21 is a very good receiver. He burned Alcoa's secondary all game long.

It would be an upset if Huntington beat Lipscomb. But. That is why they play the games.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better refer to him as Mr. Cutler after the way he did ya'll in the game.

I said it was gonna be nasty and it was nasty. It must be because we recruit. All those huge lineman we have out there and those unreal athletes. We just win b/c we are private. No, we just work harder than people and got a pretty good coashing staff.

We just win b/c we are private. No, we just work harder than people and got a pretty good coashing staff.

Give me a break. I won't even go into why DL wins...it's a losing battle. :rolleyes:

i got to say the only thing i was impressed with from DL was that rodgers kid...he was 10 times faster then i thought he was but there line was really not that good...or atleast who lined up across from me wasnt we we're much stronger then them and we were knocking them back early but there linebackers and corners came up and made some good plays and if they wouldnt have dustin would have ran forever but hats off to DL and yes OS i guess i can see where yall come from with the turnovers but this was a semi final game and we should have been more disciplined but we'll be back next year..

Private schools should play in D2. Thats what its all about. How many kids could walk to school or even ride a local bus?? Not many because they come from everywhere, not just a local school like all the ones they are competing with.

As a matter of fact, all but two of the Lipscomb starters live within 10-20 minutes of school (most within 5-10), well within local bus zones. The two that live outside that radius both have dads who have been on the staff at the school for 15-20 or so years. Now thats some good recruiting for you.

Edited by hsballguy

I said it all year, 2A is never going to go to our part. The privates teams are just too big, they have more players and this hurts these small town teams. The past two years, and I am sure it is more than that, I personally have seen two "real good teams" that should have advanced in this league that didn't. They just can't compete. Eventually they will get tired of beating us like we are little league players and move on, that is when the real 2A ball teams can come back and win. Heads up high Alcoa your our champions around here!! :rolleyes: As for DL, they are an awesome team and deserve the win, it isn't the teams fault they compete where they do!!

I said it all year, 2A is never going to go to our part. The privates teams are just too big, they have more players and this hurts these small town teams. The past two years, and I am sure it is more than that, I personally have seen two "real good teams" that should have advanced in this league that didn't. They just can't compete. Eventually they will get tired of beating us like we are little league players and move on, that is when the real 2A ball teams can come back and win. Heads up high Alcoa your our champions around here!! :rolleyes: As for DL, they are an awesome team and deserve the win, it isn't the teams fault they compete where they do!!

Everyone talks like DL does this every year. Well, they don't. They just happen to have some great players the last two years. SInce I have been going to DL we haven't been beating teams this bad every game. Most years we lose in either the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. Alcoa won a state championship in 2000 and before last year DL's only other state champ. was in '94 so obviously DL and Goodpasture don't bully other teams every year.

2A champs since 97'

1997 Tyner

1998 Milan

1999 Goodpasture

2000 Alcoa

2001 Goodpasture

2002 Lipscomb

3A champs since 97'

1997 White House

1998 Melrose

1999 Milan

2000 Portland

2001 Austin East

2002 Ridgeway

This looks like a good mix of publics and privates to me with no single team winning every year. You can go back more years than this and it's the same.

Good point 9yroldchamps. I still cant understand why people think Lipscomb recruits or that it is unfair that we play in 2a. Our school is not very big and we dont have your typical great athletes although this year we have very good players that work hard. Someone tell me why it is unfair. I wanna know where yall are cumin from. I promise you we are not like the D2 schools who recruit.

. I promise you we are not like the D2 schools who recruit.

D2 schools give financial aid(which is basically the same, if a good fball player is also getting financial aid, that is a little shady), and most of their fans are in denial and wont even admit that. Dont say they recruit though, that makes them mad.

Yea, that is unfair, i went to Lipscomb and there is absolutely no recruiting. It just so happens that every grade has a couple good athletes (just like every other school) and when brought together they make a great team. It also helps that these guys have a great work ethic. It's a great combination and has been unstoppable so far these past two years. So give credit where credit is due. Lipscomb has a fantastic team and I hope will go really far because these guys deserve it! Go Mustangs!! Best of Luck from a former Mustang Maniac :rolleyes: haha

Funny how everytime a private school beats up on a public school everyone starts crying about how the privates should be there and not here and its not fair and :):):P . When do you here private schools complaining about public schools? Can't anyone just take a loss. I have a request coacht. On the top of the football and basketball boards tac up there THE official thread for complaints/excuses.